Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 SSR that no longer has a working speedometer or gas gauge. I know that it is a cluster problem and stepper motor (hopefully spelled correctly). Would like to know if there is anyone close to Summerville, S.C. that might be familiar with this repair and would not cost a widow an"arm and a leg".

Hopefully so! Please contact me at sandra june 50 at Yahoo, but without the spaces.

Thank one and all for this very helpful site!

Sandy

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,400 Posts
I have a 2005 SSR that no longer has a working speedometer or gas gauge. I know that it is a cluster problem and stepper motor (hopefully spelled correctly). Would like to know if there is anyone close to Summerville, S.C. that might be familiar with this repair and would not cost a widow an"arm and a leg".

Hopefully so! Please contact me at sandra june 50 at Yahoo, but without the spaces.

Thank one and all for this very helpful site!

Sandy
Get your post count up and send a PM to @Dragon2U unless he contacts you first.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,397 Posts
ChevySSR05, More help will come along. Welcome from Forney Texas!! Like BlueStreak said, "get your post count up". Go to "FORUMS", then "Off Topic" then "General off Topic" and pick a thread to jabber on. Word Association Game, 10,000 Posts, Birthday Wishes whatever

Nick

Also It's not good to post problems in more than one thread because you may miss some suggestions in one or the other!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for info. I have already contacted him previously (Dradon2U) but was just trying to find out if there was anyone closer that could repair it on the spot. Sorry about posting in 2 threads, but "new kid on the block" & learning the ropes! Thanks again! Sandy

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
"New kid on the block" well :00000732: to our SSR Family. When you replace the Stepper motors, replace all 5 of them at one time.

Again :00000732: aboard !!! Got a color on that SSR ???

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Thanks for info. I have already contacted him previously (Dradon2U) but was just trying to find out if there was anyone closer that could repair it on the spot. Sorry about posting in 2 threads, but "new kid on the block" & learning the ropes! Thanks again! Sandy
If you can find someone locally to remove it, you can drive the car home without the cluster installed and send it to Dragon aka (Mike) to repair at a very reasonable cost. Good luck...

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,279 Posts
According to the Pinmap - https://www.easymapmaker.com/map/b0b7d23a83a238b28160bd526bdd0454 user LKMURKY is closer than I. He might be able to assist taking out the cluster for you or know someone close that can. You can send him a PM when you get the proper posting amount or you can view the pinmap at the aforementioned link and his direct contact info is there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts