Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably just me but I can rarely get any good results when I use the search feature on the forum. I try my best not to be negative, doesn't always work though, but the search tool has been virtually useless for me. Any tips on a better way to use it?

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,323 Posts
Yeah, pretty much the same for all of us, this place really needs a make over.

What works for me is Google. In the search bar type in "site:www.ssrfanatic.com XXXXXXXXX" with no quotations and replace XXXXX with the search term you want, tow hitch, performance upgrades, etc......

What the above text provides is a Google related search for your terms related to posts only within the ssrfanatic.com website. It works better for me than the search tool within the forum and might work for you as well.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,496 Posts
Probably just me but I can rarely get any good results when I use the search feature on the forum. I try my best not to be negative, doesn't always work though, but the search tool has been virtually useless for me. Any tips on a better way to use it?
DITTO !!!!! I have better luck just typing my question in the "Safari" search bar, and clicking on results to "SSRFANATIC.com.. Next time I'll try Dragon2U suggestion.

Nick

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,155 Posts
I do similar to what Dragon suggests except I just go to Google and type what ever I am searching for and almost every time the first thing that comes up is from here and I then click on it. And I can say it is not just here but also another forum I go to that is owned by Autoguide has the same issues and it is much bigger and people complain all the time and get no response from Autoguide. So the good news is that it is not just this site. The bad news is it doesn't look like they are going to fix it anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sad

Well this is sad to hear, I would think that a forum that one pays to be on and that is bound to make a good amount of money from advertising and that runs several other sites should have an interest in making their business model work as good as they could. So it's the forum members that make this site good, not the forum itself.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,323 Posts
Well this is sad to hear, I would think that a forum that one pays to be on and that is bound to make a good amount of money from advertising and that runs several other sites should have an interest in making their business model work as good as they could. So it's the forum members that make this site good, not the forum itself.
Well, it took me 5 months just to get someone to reset my email address here ............. :crying:

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,155 Posts
Several you say? this is from their web site. This is what gets me. When forums are your business and you have this many, one would think you would be top notch at the game.

AutoGuide.com is operated in conjunction with AutoGuide.com Forum Network consisting of more than 400 vertical and community-oriented websites for automotive enthusiasts. On our sites, users consult with their peers for shopping information and advice, and share experiences and opinions as a community. Browse our list of automotive communities below to find the right forum for your interests.

·
Daily Driver
8,949 Posts
The search box at the top of the page is Google, the difference is it's restricted to searching this site. How to form the question is the key to success. If you want to know the offset of the rear wheel and say "wheels", following a couple ad lines at the top you'll see a list of all the threads that mentioned wheels, including the vacation to VT where someone bought a wheel of cheese.

If you ask for "wheel offsets' it should pare down the list considerably, and "rear wheel offset" pare it down even more. But keep in mind the key words you search for may be in any post in the listed threads, even if that post is thread drift and not related to what the thread is about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts