Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched the site and found alot saying to remove top dash to access radio, but need to know how to remove the top. If it is just snapped in place, where do I begin? Also, does the painted area near the windhield stay or come out with top dash? I am going to attempt the sirius sat hookup to the oem headunit, and just need to get to the back of the radio. Thanks for any suggestions on the dash/radio removal. :thumbs

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No replies? I figured someone has done this and can give me a hand. I don't have manuals yet and hate to break anything. Thank you for any help you can give......

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I am sure it comes off but sorry I can't help you out. From what I can tell there are 7 pieces to it The parts list I have is on really thin paper and when I tried to scan it the other side bled through so you couldn't really read it. I can try to send you that section to see if it helps. I will have to email it.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Sorry impnut,

The radio removal procedure has lots of steps, including the disabling, removal replacement and re-enabling of the in dash airbag. The service manual has a lot of nested procedures supplemented with graphics.

Airbags have explosive components, and deserve a lot of respect when working with them.

A BBS post just can’t do justice to the task. A D-I-Y'er like your self really should have a service manual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts