Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to remove the dealer installed front license plate holder , it has four quarter size fasteners that have small holes in them . On the other side of the front cover there are what look to be clips connected to the fasteners. I tried some bits from my screw driver set but couldn't get the fasteners to move. Anyone have any knowledge on how to remove this ugly front license plate holder?

Chuck

·
Registered
230 Posts
ChuckDuck said:
I am trying to remove the dealer installed front license plate holder , it has four quarter size fasteners that have small holes in them . On the other side of the front cover there are what look to be clips connected to the fasteners. I tried some bits from my screw driver set but couldn't get the fasteners to move. Anyone have any knowledge on how to remove this ugly front license plate holder?

Chuck
Those are rivets must be drilled out with 5/16" drill bit and then will have to fill
holes left behind, and repaint. It is worth doing, looks alot better !!!!!!!

D

·
0 Posts
ChuckDuck said:

Chuck
ChuckDuck,
The license plate holder I have (that has never been installed) has T-15 torx screws to fasten it to the SSR. This is for a 2004, so I don't know if it has changed for your model.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
ChuckDuck said:

Chuck
They are a black plastic Pop Rivet. IF you use a small punch [that will fit inside the small hole] Drive the punch thru the hole .that will collapise the rivet .you can also cut the back side off with a pair of dikes

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions

I drilled it our using progressively larger bits , worked as avertised. The wicked license plate holder is off and it looks much better. Am now adding the Axiom bars.

Thanks to all.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
ft. lic . plate

what are you going to do about a ft, license plate ? The last I heard was that they are still required . Am I wrong or rite ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts