2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any fanatic live near:

Big Mike’s Performance Parts
16875 Joleen Way, Suite 160
Morgan Hill, CA 95037
408-776-4080
Sto N Sho - Quick Release Front License Plate Bracket

If so, can you drive your SSR to Big Mike's and have a fitment check for -:wink2:

STO ‘N’ SHO
After market quick release front license plate bracket.

They need a SSR to size their STO ‘N’ SHO.:grin2:

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Hi SSR3,
You can send a PM to HollisterSSR, He is the closest to Morgan hill that I know of. Maybe he might be interested in doing that but I know it would not happen until after the Rally. He's about 30 miles away.

·
Spirited driver!
1,546 Posts
I'm about 30 minutes north of Big Mikes. I might be able to make a run down there. Are you looking to buy one and they need a fitment model? You can PM me details and I will see what I can do to help.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,373 Posts
I took a look at their video. Very nice 'fast on, fast off'. :smile2:

I would definitely buy one for my truck. Please keep us informed.

=============
David :black:

·
Premium Member
2,894 Posts
Had them make one last year from my design. I sent my drawings and after a discussion they sent me items I could make work. Posted the pics previously. I think if they had one they could make a little better.

I placed mounting bracket against the SE lower radiator support. Drilled bracket and radiator support. I made sure bolts were forward of condensor (used drill stop to be safe). Placed bolts through from top and installed nylon lock nuts. Bolts then long enough to place bracket on protruding end. Secured with fender washers and nylon nuts. I had to then modify air dam and done. Installed larger diameter ring to make operation easier.
Really happy with outcome.Only thing I would have done differently was maybe lean plate forward instead of perpendicular.
Maybe with there own design they will make it easily available for others.
I know I posted earlier under "what did you do with...."

Attachments

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,373 Posts
Nice job prof!!

Looks like your custom build was right on the money. How long did it take to install? Was your chin spoiler a problem? Does it 'fast on, fast off' to your satisfaction?

:thumbs​

===============

·
Spirited driver!
1,546 Posts
And yes I will take my ssr lol
Are you sure Marc? That would be a long way from the comforts of your bug-free garage :grin2:

Do they need a "new" truck also? Mike in AZ noted that there was a "highly variable fascia-to-frame relationships of the SSR through the 4 years of production" on his front plate mount. Simple Engineering Front License Plate Mount

·
Premium Member
2,894 Posts
Nice job prof!!

Looks like your custom build was right on the money. How long did it take to install? Was your chin spoiler a problem? Does it 'fast on, fast off' to your satisfaction?

:thumbs​

===============

It took a couple of hours to install. No hurry. I wanted centered and back just far enough.
Easy to reach down and release. Sometimes I have kneel way way down to install because I can't get it by feel. The worst part is standing up again. Knees getting bad.
Clears spoiler no problem. I did have to remove and modify lower air dam before I could reinstall it.

Finally found post, see #21
http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f53/front-license-plates-215393/

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,373 Posts
Thanks for the details and the pics. :laugh:

I emailed them and got immediate response from Mashell. She said she would keep me in the loop as to the results of next week's "fitting". Thx for volunteering that abadssr.

I would suggest that anyone else who might need something like this bracket drop Mashell a quick email letting her know you own an SSR and are interested. Maybe if they see there is enough of a demand they will produce it. :smile2:

===============

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow! Fanatics do get things done. Keep me informed on the fittings. Thanks.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,373 Posts
Told Michele I'd be there Thursday at 10 we will see what they can do I'll get back to you
====================================
Marc, any news??

Were you able to go for the 'fitting' yesterday? Your adoring public is anxiously awaiting word!! :banana :glol

==============

·
Premium Member
19,739 Posts
Yes I went he made up a some measurements but he is busy for sema so after sema show he will try. How much does ur plate move around ? I really like his mechanism for releasing plate

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,373 Posts
Yes I went he made up a some measurements but he is busy for sema so after sema show he will try. How much does ur plate move around ? I really like his mechanism for releasing plate
==========================================
Thanks for your help Marc ~~~ ((there just might be a little something extra in somebody's stocking this Christmas!!)) >:) :glol

Texas is a 2-plate mandatory state but I don't run a front plate so it actually doesn't move around at all. That's why I am interested in this setup. I've seen them on Corvettes and like the unit.

It sounds like its going to be awhile before we even know if they are going to produce one for out trucks......dash it all!! 0:) If so I might follow autoprof's direction. :smile2:

================

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,373 Posts
Yes, I actually have one under the bed in a spare bedroom. :smile2:

I wanted to compare them before I install. This one looks like a quicker 'put on' and 'take off'. :wink2:

Thx again for your help Marc. :laugh:

=============

1 - 20 of 27 Posts