Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have removed the shifter plate, (thanks SSR guys and gals), I need to know where to get electric for my lighted shift knob. There is a wiring harness there that feeds the buttons on the shifter plate, but they look difficult splicing into. Anyone done this? Thanks. :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
oh man a lighted shifter. now that's too cool. i definitely want me one of them!

good luck and let us know when it is done.

:party :party :party :party

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I put a flameball on my PT a while back, but that little wire had to be taped with chrome tape to the outside of the shifter and that bothered me all the time. I spliced a blue wire but not sure which wire in the SSR would be the one to splice. They look great lit up but again, that wire running outside the shifter shaft just looked lame. :confused

·
Registered
13 Posts
Richard, I just got My FlameBall and will install it shortly. I plan on going to my parking lights or my DRL. I want the Shift ball to light up at night, not during the day. I will check with my dealer service tech and see what they suggest. I will let you know!

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Don't do it

rj5620 said:
Now that I have removed the shifter plate, (thanks SSR guys and gals), I need to know where to get electric for my lighted shift knob. There is a wiring harness there that feeds the buttons on the shifter plate, but they look difficult splicing into. Anyone done this? Thanks. :)
I would stay away from the shifter plate button wire's. Suggest you tie into the aux gauge plug it has a wire just for night lights dont know what color but easy to find with meter. If you don't have the aux gauges the plug is still there just on the top of the hump after the firewall under the carpet & padding. Hope this helps :thumbs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts