Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just picked up my 2004 SSR this past Friday. It was used (barely-2140 mi.) and the used car dealer that had it, took it on trade on a Porsche and he didn't know that the owners manual was not with it. He didn't seem very interested in getting it for me. So yesterday I went to my local Chevy Dealer and after checking they said it might be quite a long while before they can get it because where they get them from has to wait until they get enough orders to make it worth while to print up some more. Does anyone out there know where I can get one quickly because some of this stuff is very hard to figure out with out a manual.

·
Just a voyeur now...
154 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I'm not suggesting you go without a manual, but while you're looking, feel free to ask your questions here. Some of them might have been asked before, and you'll find a lot of information by using the 'Search' function.

·
Registered
480 Posts
:seeya Make sure you have the tire inflator kit behind the drivers seat. Sometimes they get LOST when the vehicle is used. I think it's a $400 item from GM. Welcome to our site. It's pretty neat.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Electronic Manuals

You can download an electronic copy of the manual from www.mygmlink.com. It isn't as nice as the printed version, but it will answer your questions until you can get the printed version.
Congratulations, and welcome to the :ssr world.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Welcome Old Biker. You stumbled across a pretty nice group of people here. You will never have to worry about asking questions. We LOVE to help out a newbie!

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I have seen them on Ebay! Maybe you can wait a bit to have the hard copy!!! Welcome to the site, you are going to love this truck.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
You can order irt from Helms for about $30.00. You might check in the arm rest. When I bought my 2003 used, the seller claimed no keys for the hitch and storage boxes and no manual. I bought one from Helms and then discovered all keys and manual in arm rest compartment. That was embarassing!

Dorsey
Tucson, AZ :rolleyes:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the headsup about the tire inflation kit. I looked after you told me and luckly it's there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Lost Owner's Manuel

I don't mean to insult you, but did you look in the compartment under the rear deck lid. That is a good "Secret Hiding Place".
"SCOTT"
BLURSSR
:ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr
:leaving

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
[QUOTE="Scotty" Scott]I don't mean to insult you, but did you look in the compartment under the rear deck lid. That is a good "Secret Hiding Place".
"SCOTT"
BLURSSR
:ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr
:leaving[/QUOTE]
No Insult here, I didn't even know that thing was there until tonight. But alas, no, nothing was in there. Thanks anyway And for you other great people, thanks for the info about the downloadable version from the GM web site. I got it and now I can survive until my dealer gets mine in. Again thanks all.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
2005SSR6Speed said:
I see the 2004 service manual from Helm's is also $135. Just curious what's different between this Helm's manual and GM's besides more than one third cheaper :confused

Frank

ps there's an 05 GM service manual on e-bay right now at just slightly more than Helm's..$149 :thumbs

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEV...34216QQitemZ8012973374QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

1 - 16 of 16 Posts