Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find an experienced qualified mechanic in Central Florida to work on the roof and cover of my 2003 SSR. Please share any recommendations you may have. Thx.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Not knowing where you live in Central Florida, I'd suggest contacting Dick Bellview, a.k.a., @Dicktator , via a "conversion"/pm, as one of the most knowledgeable people on SSRs in general and mechanics' expertise in the area. He lives in Clearwater. Dick has a 2004 and has done much work on his roof and cover.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for the response...appreciate it. We live in DeBary, over in Volusia County. I really like the SSR but need to get it fixed...wife hates the BONGBONGBONG ringing since the roof won't close/latch. I heard Dictator was the best but know he is very busy.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Please contact me the week after the Branson Rally. The RGang crew can probably help you out. Tom Sorensen aka soren703.
in addition to Tom's suggestion, you might take a look at some the technical documents written mostly by @Dicktator on dealing with many SSR problem including the top and its cover.

Also search the technical forums for roof problems. Much has been written on it.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I asked the guys if they would take a look at it next Friday the 18th are you available to go to Winter Garden then? If so, message me your cell # and I will send you the contact info. Usually try to start around 9:00.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx again for your help. Won't be able to attend Winter Garden but hope to attend future shows/rallies.

·
Bandycat Scarlett & The B
7 Posts
Thx for the response...appreciate it. We live in DeBary, over in Volusia County. I really like the SSR but need to get it fixed...wife hates the BONGBONGBONG ringing since the roof won't close/latch. I heard Dictator was the best but know he is very busy.
I needed Drive shaft and the guys at Love Chevrolet were more than happy to work on my 2005. Did a great job, and wouldn’t hesitate to take it back to them for other work. Ask for Sam, tell him red and black SSR sent you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts