Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Sorry, have not been as regular as I have wanted to be around here, health issues, selling house, and an Infinity G37 and just loose from yet another round, this time kidney stones -Like sometimes we can never get a break!

Anyway, I bought the remote start / top setup, need somebody who has already got that setup to help with a FOB, I have a few I can't find right now because of ultra packing of the house, won't help anyway because they would not work with the remote setup. The other item is the "Proposed" re manufacture of the OEM front window, any updates on that as it's been a year?

Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
7,384 Posts
Good morning KiwiUSA, sorry to hear about your health problems. Also sorry I can't help you with your remote start, but be patient, I'm sure help is on the way via the SSRfanatice Web Site. hang in there Bro !!! tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess almost everybody is on holiday. Appears Dave Galloway was banned, so don't know what to do there other than ask anybody who has a remote setup, help out.

The window is an issue, have a bad freeway throw up and will need to replace, Mike from AZ said there was a new OEM coming up, that was a year ago and it was going to take that long.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,780 Posts
Sorry about you health, and hope you get some BREAKS!!! Like a lot of folks, can't help with remote start.

Nick

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now, let's see....I'm the ONLY person on this forum that has a remote start and top? really...Got to be kidding, right?
It's important to me to get this resolved and I'm not asking for anybody to give up their first born, I promise. :)

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,644 Posts
bump

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Now, let's see....I'm the ONLY person on this forum that has a remote start and top? really...Got to be kidding, right?
It's important to me to get this resolved and I'm not asking for anybody to give up their first born, I promise. :)
:|

Well now, I'm sure that I'm not the only (curious) one here as to just what you're asking about.

Maybe I don't understand your comment about a "remote start"...........to me, that is an option used by some in the far North where just maybe they have no garage and they gotta go to work and really want to get into a "warm" car/truck for the ride. Enjoy some heat coming out of the heater right away instead of waiting 10-15 minutes going down the road freezing.

With that in mind, (if correct in the "remote start" idea)...........why living in Little Rock, Arkansas area would that be a (must have) option........As to the "top".......I have no clue at all, were you wanting to look out the living room window and see the top go down by remote from inside the house.:nerd:

·
Registered
2004 UV
1,150 Posts
I have seen some guys in the past have put remote starts in their trucks and some even have a remote for putting the top up or down. For me there's enough head aches with these trucks now no need adding a few more to the mix.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Guess almost everybody is on holiday. Appears Dave Galloway was banned, so don't know what to do there other than ask anybody who has a remote setup, help out.

The window is an issue, have a bad freeway throw up and will need to replace, Mike from AZ said there was a new OEM coming up, that was a year ago and it was going to take that long.

Thanks
There’s some good news.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Here is Dave Galloway's phone number (602) 748-8398 Don't know why he is banned, did some work for me last month

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Remote setup

I'm disabeled, it's an important function for pain free driving, I'm unable to bend my back -ankylosing spondylitis....
[Ankylosing spondylitis (pronounced ank-kih-low-sing spon-dill-eye-tiss), or AS, is a form of arthritis that primarily affects the spine, although other joints can become involved. It causes inflammation of the spinal joints (vertebrae) that can lead to severe, chronic pain and discomfort. is an inflammatory disease that, over time, can cause some of the vertebrae in your spine to fuse.]

So, yes I had David Galloway send a kit and the fella who installed it left town, nobody around here is smart enough to handle the remote need, I need two FOBS and would have called David Galloway, but as there was an indication he was banned, I wanted to know if that was true, first (based on "Banned" under his name and long timeline for signing on here.)

The remote setup allows 1. Remote Start / switch off of the SSR 2.Remote down /up of the top as far away as 50 feet. With the remote start and down function, I had no issues getting into the truck. The FOBS are not the OEM type -Though don't know yet if they can do it.

Cheers

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,644 Posts
I'm disabeled, it's an important function for pain free driving, I'm unable to bend my back -ankylosing spondylitis....
[Ankylosing spondylitis (pronounced ank-kih-low-sing spon-dill-eye-tiss), or AS, is a form of arthritis that primarily affects the spine, although other joints can become involved. It causes inflammation of the spinal joints (vertebrae) that can lead to severe, chronic pain and discomfort. is an inflammatory disease that, over time, can cause some of the vertebrae in your spine to fuse.]

So, yes I had David Galloway send a kit and the fella who installed it left town, nobody around here is smart enough to handle the remote need, I need two FOBS and would have called David Galloway, but as there was an indication he was banned, I wanted to know if that was true, first (based on "Banned" under his name and long timeline for signing on here.)

The remote setup allows 1. Remote Start / switch off of the SSR 2.Remote down /up of the top as far away as 50 feet. With the remote start and down function, I had no issues getting into the truck. The FOBS are not the OEM type -Though don't know yet if they can do it.

Cheers
I do not have all the facts in the background but was able to determine that his screen name changed to SSRAlarmexpert1 and the last time he was on the site was March 2017. That screen name is not banned. Good luck. With that information and other information in this thread you are on your way to contact.

Reactions: Marc NY

·
AZ SSR Daily Driver
496 Posts
Here is Dave Galloway's phone number (602) 748-8398 Don't know why he is banned, did some work for me last month
Dave just installed my new Pioneer radio, rear camera, security system and a remote that opens closes the top. Excellent work. He originally cleaned up a nightmare Kenwood install that was crap. I trust him with my SSR.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Dave just installed my new Pioneer radio, rear camera, security system and a remote that opens closes the top. Excellent work. He originally cleaned up a nightmare Kenwood install that was crap. I trust him with my SSR.
Not the right place to post but sort of: wonder if Dave might be coming to 2019 International Rally?

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Remote

Well, I don't have a problem with anybody, however I was a little Leary when I see [Banned]. I'll call and see if I can get a FOB resolve, I can't remember if he supplied one or that I already had them. BUT, it's a serious concern if I'm to keep driving.....

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Remote FOB and WINDOW

Guess I'm on my own for delving into the FOB issue, somewhat surprised, really.
However, in the next two weeks will also have to replace the front window. It seems the "SocialMedia" aspect or at least the pray & spray thing regards a new OEM front window was a myth, will go Pinkerton [Might be wrong spelling] but at $120 it won't matter if it's not a perfect fit, understanding it's slightly "Flatter" and not sufficiently "wide" enough. Oh, well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts