Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a heck of a time locating tires for my 03 SSR.I'm down here in Venice Florida and still new to the area.So far no one not even the local Goodyear store has been able to help.
Anyone out there have any suggestions?

·
Slingshot Rules!
67,633 Posts
I'm having a heck of a time locating tires for my 03 SSR.I'm down here in Venice Florida and still new to the area.So far no one not even the local Goodyear store has been able to help.
Anyone out there have any suggestions?
Do you have a Discount Tire Shop nearby?

The local Discount Tire special ordered General Grabbers for The Doophus about a year ago and I've been very happy with them. Not the identical size . . . same width but just a little taller.

Good Luck

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts

·
AZ SSR Daily Driver
495 Posts
Michelin replacements

I wanted the long life and wider tires than stock. Attached is my final choice. Bought from Discount Tire and love the ride. Not the cheapest but mine is a daily driver. This is an exact tread match front to back.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,349 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,201 Posts
Check with your Local Chevy Dealer for OEM Goodyear Tires but most of us have changed to another Brand.

I am running Bridgestone.

There are several Florida Chapter Fanatics near you.

I will send a PM so you can contact them for help.

Dicktator

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
great tire hunt

So far, the only deal I've come up with after all day is at Bill Buk Chevy.Russ came up with two stock Goodyears for the front(19") and two General Tire 20's for the rear he had a hard time finding sets with the same speed rating . I'm going to sleep on it tonight.not sure about mixing brands,but the price is right $215.00 ea.Problem is, if I don't like them, I'll be stuck for a long time.It took me almost 9 years to wear out the originals.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Just installed new tires on my 04, went with ContiExtremeContact DWS, all around, I love them, it made it ride like a new car, way better that the GY's 315/35/20 on the rear and 245/45/19 on the front.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
I installed The Continental Extreme Contact DWS in the same size as Jimlars01 and am very happy with that set up. It is a vast improvement over the OEM Goodyear tires. Best of luck with whatever you choose to go with.

·
Lost In The 50's
1,139 Posts
Discount Tire can get what you need!!!!

Put Nitto Invos....255/40/19 on the front and 315/35/20 on the back. Put 35# all around as others on the forums suggested with the same tires. They look awesome, ride smooth and quiet. So quiet...I'm now hearing noises inside I've never heard with the O.E.M.'s. I like the thicker sidewalls to protect from curb rash. The speedometer reads about 1 mph slower at 60 mph (actual 59 mph at 60 mph) Had no problem mounting them on the O.E.M. rims. So far so good!!!! $1,200.00 out the door from Discount Tire in Central Florida.:black::cool

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
General Grabber UHP...Current price....

Tire Rack with shipping to Florida...

tems shipping from Midway, Georgia

Item Description Availability Qty. Price Each Item Total
255/50ZR19 XL General Grabber UHP
Blackwall In Stock 2 $190.00 $380.00
295/45R20 XL General Grabber UHP
Blackwall In Stock 2 $149.00 $298.00
Shipping Options from Midway, Georgia (choose one)
Shipping Method Estimated Delivery Date Cost
UPS Ground
12/01/2011 - 12/02/2011
$82.00
FedEx 3Day Express Saver
12/05/2011 - 12/06/2011
$105.80
FedEx 2DAY
12/02/2011 - 12/05/2011
$109.56
UPS 2nd Day Air
12/02/2011 - 12/05/2011
$121.14

• Normally scheduled deliveries are made Monday through Friday.
• Saturday delivery is only available on orders placed by phone. Please call (888) 541-1777 during our normal business hours. There is an extra charge for Saturday delivery.
Additional Fees and Taxes

Tax: $0.00
Excise Tax: $0.00
State Waste Tire Fund Fee: $0.00
Grand Total:

$760.00

-OR-
PROCEED TO CHECKOUT
What is PayPal?

·
Premium Member
9,271 Posts
Went with the Nitto Invos, same sizes as above. Great ride, much better wet traction, also really like the extra heavy sidewall, which protects the aluminum wheels from low speed scrapes, such as curbs.

Both fronts and rears are marginally under OEM, look great in the wheelwells.

Not dissing the Generals because they are obviously popular, and seem to work well, but have someone locally who put them on his SSR. Both fronts and rears are significantly oversize, and he's not happy with the look. He's trying to wear them out quickly so he can switch to Invos.:glol

·
Registered
103 Posts
Go with the Nitto's, great ride, great traction - only thing they are now snow rated. Don't know about mileage on them yet, but love them. My speedo was bang on with the GPS using the 315's.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, those Nittos' are neato. Thanks a bunch. I'm going to cancel my appointment tomorrow for the two front GY's,that way i won't have to wait for the rear GY's which were over $400.00 ea anyway.I love saving $$$$ and these are better looking too.
Thanks again

·
Registered
173 Posts
tires

Just installed new tires on my 04, went with ContiExtremeContact DWS, all around, I love them, it made it ride like a new car, way better that the GY's 315/35/20 on the rear and 245/45/19 on the front.
This I agree with also....they are the best...got them at Tire Discount..

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
This I agree with also....they are the best...got them at Tire Discount..
I'm also running the ContiExtremeContact DWS [front 245/45ZR19 rear
295/40ZR20] and have been very pleased with them in the 7000 miles they have been on my 05 SSr. I think you will be happy with either brand you choose, new tires seem to always feel good.:thumbs
Got mine at Discount Tire also.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I recently replaced my tires at Goodyear 19" wheel use v speed rating 20 " H rated same tire different speed rating. Goodyear says you can use different speed rating as long as its on the same axle. They replaced my tires using these speed rating under warranty.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Do the cont/extreme contac DWS tires come in 295/40/20? Discount Tire do not show that size on their site. Just the front 245/45/19's

1 - 20 of 36 Posts