Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a trailer hitch for my bike rack. I have a stock 2006 SSR with the stock wiring and hitch accommodations. I am in Naples Florida. I do not need the ball. Anybody have one for sale or know where I can get one?

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,557 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,506 Posts
Need a trailer hitch for my bike rack. I have a stock 2006 SSR with the stock wiring and hitch accommodations. I am in Naples Florida. I do not need the ball. Anybody have one for sale or know where I can get one?
@ ssroe from GA had 3 for sale at Maggie Valley hopefully he will read this and get in touch with you.

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey I’m looking for a hitch for a bike rack for my 2004 ssr. Do u know of anyone that can help me? Appreciate it

Thanks.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,389 Posts
Hey I’m looking for a hitch for a bike rack for my 2004 ssr. Do u know of anyone that can help me? Appreciate it

Thanks.
From what I have seen on here over the years you have to make part of it so it has a square receiver tube to slip the rack into. The trailer hitch made for the SSR slips into a spot under the body and has a ball attached to it.Maybe someone that has made one up will jump in and help you or use the search button up top. Good luck.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,557 Posts
From what I have seen on here over the years you have to make part of it so it has a square receiver tube to slip the rack into. The trailer hitch made for the SSR slips into a spot under the body and has a ball attached to it.Maybe someone that has made one up will jump in and help you or use the search button up top. Good luck.
I know there are a couple threads on making the Hitch insert handle a 2x2 square insert but have not found one yet. If I find one I'll post a link in this thread.

·
DSTRSSR
535 Posts

I have a bike rack that will bolt on to a bumper or the hitch (instead of the ball)

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
I got this plan from SSR3. He helped me make this one. I use it to hold the American Flag in our parades. He uses it to hold his spare tire. It looks great.

Attachments

·
Slingshot Rules!
75,369 Posts
This Bike Rack bolts directly to the Trailer Hitch using the Ball and works fine for short trips.

Simple "Plug and Play" with no modifications required.

! :surprise: ! :cheers ! :surprise: ! :cheers ! :surprise: !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I had this one made for a 2" receiver. It bolts directly to the stock SSR hitch instead of the ball and is then further secured through the safety chain loops. It is available for $40.00 plus shipping. I'm in KY.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,614 Posts
@Railroad Guy, I assume the bottom of the insert is notched or cut off to clear the bolt
head to slide in enough for the pin, or is the bolt head cut off and the shaft welded to the Receiver?

Nick

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Bicycle rack hitch mod

Here is a pic of what I did to solve the bicycle rack issue.. Not an expensive mod and works with all my towing needs

:silver::silver::silver:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts