Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 04 SSR and the black piece where the shifter goes through is broken but GM tells me I have to buy the whole metal center console with buttons but it is discontinued so I can not find it anywhere.

Does anybody know where to find one??

Also looking for a Roof/Door Module as well

Attachments

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I think it's just a thin rectangle piece of plastic with a hole in it. If I were in your shoes and needed one, I'd make my own. Heck you could even use some different material and have a custom, "design you own" look!

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,264 Posts
Pull out the plastic and use it as a template and trace/cut yourself a new one with some thin pliable plastic scrap.

Many years ago, I believe it was FOCKS, broke his as well. He simply cut up a used plastic pail and it worked fine. I am sure strolling down a few isles at Hobby Lobby, Home Depot or Lowes would be beneficial for material. How thick is the material there, I forgot.

Would this work? 1/32 thick
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HDPE-High-Density-Polyethylene-Plastic-Sheet-1-32-x-12-x-24-Black-Color/143013337783?hash=item214c425ab7:g:3LEAAOSwz5Nb7EU-:rk:6:pf:0

Actually, it would be cool to use a transparent plastic and put some LEDs down in there :grin2:

·
Tech Support/Research
1,683 Posts
Shifter Plate Cover

As Dragon2U suggests, making a template from your piece is a good solution. The dimensions of the original piece are 15-1/2" long x 1-3/4" wide x 0.056" (less than 1/16") thick. A flexible polyethylene plastic will work.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,062 Posts
I have a good used one that I’ll sell for $10. It is currently being used as a template at the plastic shop, but I can send it to you on Tuesday. We are experimenting with a couple different kinds of plastics to see what we can do at a reasonable price. The OEM ones were molded..... the ones I am trying to make will be routered out of a sheet of material.

Drop me a note at [email protected].

Regards,

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts