Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Yes, I have an ATTITUDE !
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cool Has anyone installed neons under their SSR ??

What colors have you used ? Devastator is gettig a Blue to Purple fade, this will look good on a Smokin' Asphalt ! :flag

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,205 Posts
Mine may be getting green. Need to find the right shade first.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,609 Posts
Nice to look at but...

Devastator said:
:cool Has anyone installed neons under their SSR ??

What colors have you used ? Devastator is gettig a Blue to Purple fade, this will look good on a Smokin' Asphalt ! :flag
HI Chris,

FYI: In New York it is illegal to drive with lights on under your vehicle... so make sure it is legal in your area before you start driving around with them on.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Marc NY said:
HI Chris,

FYI: In New York it is illegal to drive with lights on under your vehicle... so make sure it is legal in your area before you start driving around with them on.

It's illegal in Texas as well. Nobody ever enforced it until the last 5-6 years when police started using it as an excuse to control street racers.

·
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I know it's legal in Florida / Tennesse

I love pulling in to a parking lot and turning them on. This is Legal because the parking lot is private property.

.................................................But every now and then......I just gotta cruise with them on for a little. My old truck had 15 neons all blue. 4 in the back of the bed, 2 on each side , and 11 underneath. I also had state police strobe headlights......now they were FUN !!!! :reddevil

·
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
neons

Some states it is illegal to drive down the road with them on. Police say they are a distraction or ornamental lighting. All I know is they are FUN ! :jester

I love being a little different :yesnod

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Cops say that the lights could be confused with a law enforcement vehicle when viewed in a rear view mirror. Just the messenger - didn't say I agreed with that.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts
But Officer Sir …. It’s a SAFETY ITEM; I need to be seen in the dark so no one run’s in to me. :leaving

·
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
neons

I just love being at a cruise , the sun is setting.........then you flip the switch....and walla ....lights...aaahhhhhh
I personally don't like to "see" the neon tube. You only want to see the "GLOW" This has always been my way of judging at a neon competition or light show. :thumbs

·
Registered
186 Posts
Neon Show and Glow

Well i mise well let my secert out lol i have strobe lights in front and rear fender wells beats to the music also have neon light in front grill and also i have the chasing neon lights underneath that chg colors and pulsate to the music.They are illegal here in Calif but when we do parades etc or even sometimes just to be cool lol i will run with them like the front plate hey if they want to give me a fix it ticket so be it anyway they are neat will be showing them at the Sequoia Rod Run this coming weekend see ya there Doug. :ssr

·
Registered
322 Posts
I think they are always a great addition. Even If you cant use them while driving, its still cool to show the "footprint" of your ride when you touch down somewhere!! :cool

The "stigma" on them is generated from the racer kids, which suks.

But then with the "distraction" factor-
I think the SEMI's that go down the freeway with more lights than a Christmas Tree, and for no reason other than to "dress" her up are a distraction. I find myself looking at all those lights (why are there so many) and following them the whole length of the truck! - more time than I would with a quick glance at a passenger car or truck with a simple glow that provides an extra bit of road light.

Neons are a great custom addition!! :thumbs

·
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The "stigma" on them is generated from the racer kids, which suks.

:nono I don't agree. I've had neons on my mini truck back in the 80's , You might think it's from the racer kids because you see a movie The Fast and the Furious. But if you ask me it started with the old school low riders and vans.

Chris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts