Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new '03 with a early VIN no., 294, the car has been sitting in my garage in a controlled enviroment and is moved every month or so to keep it mech. sound. It was one of the first 300 so it had 33 miles on it when I picked it up in a enclosed trailer and transportered to my shop. It still has all the tags and stickers on it just like it came into the dealer. And yes I was one of the ones that got ripped a new one for wanting the first one in my area so I payed $5000.00 over invoice for it. Other things have come up and I've got to sell it and take what I can get. Is it worth $31000.00? I just joined the website so I'm new on here. Thanks for any advice. Tapa11

·
Registered
442 Posts
value?

"Is it worth $31,000?" Of course!!! But you will have a Hell of a time getting anywhere near that with new '05's selling for that and less in a few cases. You have not listed mileage. 33 was when shipped but you did not mention if you drove, it, etc. Also, is your location readily available? Good Luck! What are you getting next?

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Where you located??

P/P

Peace:flag

·
Registered
158 Posts
I sent you a pm about your SSR forsale.

thanks,
kroozn

·
Registered
217 Posts
Should be able to unless they read this site. With anyone who has researched what they are going for, you'll be lucky to get $27,000.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in Southwest Virginia, and no the car has not been driven other than to move it enough to keep it mobile. The truck has 35 miles on it, from moving it around, and that's it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Tapa11 said:
I have a brand new '03 with a early VIN no., 294, the car has been sitting in my garage in a controlled enviroment and is moved every month or so to keep it mech. sound. It was one of the first 300 so it had 33 miles on it when I picked it up in a enclosed trailer and transportered to my shop. It still has all the tags and stickers on it just like it came into the dealer. And yes I was one of the ones that got ripped a new one for wanting the first one in my area so I payed $5000.00 over invoice for it. Other things have come up and I've got to sell it and take what I can get. Is it worth $31000.00? I just joined the website so I'm new on here. Thanks for any advice. Tapa11

you asked..sooo "IMO" you more like 20k trade-in and 22k retail..just look on ebay which is pretty good point of ref. what they are bringing TODAY..make sure to check completed item and you will see also how many did't sell and give you a good idea what did and how much...good luck and sounds like a great truck for somone....

·
Registered
21 Posts
new 03 for sale

I think if you could only hang on to it a little longer. Come May when the production stops plus spring and summer in the air should help the prices some what maybe. On my job though I know I am hired from the neck down.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts
ssrmeniac

ssrmeniac ..... from the neck down ... Ha Ha Ha ... I like you all ready... :glol

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The color of the truck is black, and is GM stopping production?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I haven't heard about that, but I guess I don't have to ask why...

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,648 Posts
REBEL said:
Yes plant shut down this spring or sooner.
Tapa11 said:
There may be some more extended down time at the LCC plant but right now it is anybody's guess as to when actual production will cease. May, June or ???

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Hold on if you can

Tapa11 said:
As soon as GM stops making the SSR we the public can market them better by world of mouth, sell all made, than the value will increase and make the truck what its worth or more:banghead

·
Registered
442 Posts
it would be a first for modern times

Can anyone give a recent example of a "special interest" vehicle that had its prices rise after it went out of production? As SSR owners, you may hope that prices are good in case you sell, but the couple that have suggested prices will rise are kidding themselves. Do you truly not understand what it meant last week when a new '05 6 speed with MSRP of $49,850 sold for less than $30K????? Many other new '04's and '05's are selling for around $30K and winter doldrums have not hit yet. Watch the prices a couple weeks after the January auto shows. Buyers get ready!.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Danko said:
Can anyone give a recent example of a "special interest" vehicle that had its prices rise after it went out of production? As SSR owners, you may hope that prices are good in case you sell, but the couple that have suggested prices will rise are kidding themselves. Do you truly not understand what it meant last week when a new '05 6 speed with MSRP of $49,850 sold for less than $30K????? Many other new '04's and '05's are selling for around $30K and winter doldrums have not hit yet. Watch the prices a couple weeks after the January auto shows. Buyers get ready!.

The prices will keep going down even after the end of production and i don't think will come back for at least 3 or 4 years after all the new and garage queens are gone..look at the prowler and T-Bird.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts

If you do save it for twenty years in storage, can you make money on it? Cost of insurance every year, storage fees, fight off pests, moisture, and then how will the rubber parts hold up. Value of the dollar in 20 years Hell you will have to sell her for $250.000 to brake even. …. Drive it. Use it up. Live while you can.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
REBEL said:
If you do save it for twenty years in storage, can you make money on it? Cost of insurance every year, storage fees, fight off pests, moisture, and then how will the rubber parts hold up. Value of the dollar in 20 years Hell you will have to sell her for $250.000 to brake even. …. Drive it. Use it up. Live while you can.

In other words..........."Drive it like you stole it":reddevil

·
Registered
217 Posts
Put headers on it, high flow cats, magna flow exhaust k&n cold air charger kit, and super charge it and DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!! Have some fun and turn a lot of heads including the Guys in BLUE:eek

1 - 20 of 34 Posts