Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HI Group,

I just got my first test drive in an 05 SSR yesterday. I took it for a spin and I have new photos to share with you. One is of the newer redesigned door panels. I also have a few thoughts on the 6.0 L engine. I did notice the extra torque and 90 HP. :thumbs (If you have an 04 I would be happy and still keep it) :) Yes the new 6.0 L really torques/rocks back and forth when you high rev the engine. I think that it runs great but the sound is different to me. When I rev up the 6.0 L engine it just didn't have the same meaner throatier sounds as the 5.3 L does (to me anyways). The exhaust and engine combined sounds don't quite equal the ones on the 03 - 04's. When I rev up the 5.3 it just sounds so much more sweeter/ meaner to me. More on this later.

Here are a few photos.
05 Door Panel (notice recess in panel & smaller map pouch area)

03-04 Panel (to be honest, I really never had much of a problem with the old style)

New Aux. Gauge Pkg. No more GPH... New torgue gauge and outside temp

Now all SSRs come standard with Mobil One! *I use that in mine*

·
Registered
152 Posts
03/04 not a second place to the new 05....

Have to concur with Marc. The LS2 engine is nice to have but not the reason to buy an ’05, particularly if you can get a wonderful deal on a 5.3L 03/04. Like Marc I too much prefer the sound of the 5.3L SSr. :thumbs

As far as the new door panel goes, my view is that this as a nice, as opposed to a need, to have and not a great reason to opt for the improved ’05… although a friend told me that if the prop rod on my first generation fails and the hood falls on my head I might not be so blasé about the new version! :smash

:leaving Does anyone know if the Mobil One cap from the LS2 fit onto the 5.3L? :leaving

:party

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
GM, GM, please, if you are reading this, us 03 and 04 SSR owners would love to have an outside temp. gauge on a beautiful Auxiliary setup that is in the new 05's. I would spring for a set in a heartbeat if it had that! I love the look of that gauge pkg.! Please make it work! If not, why exactly will the new auxiliary gauge pkg. not work in the 03 or 04 models?

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Oil Cap

SSRGUY said:
Does anyone know if the Mobil One cap from the LS2 fit onto the 5.3L?
Hi D,

I do believe that it is the same size cap. I will check it out when I go to the dealership later today or tomorrow. If it fits I will order a replacement one for my SSR.

I just got back from the Dealership and tried out the 04 on the 05 and the caps are exactly the same size and fit. So if you want you could order an 05 oil cap or perhaps there might be a Mobil 1 sitcker around somewhere.

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Different Computer Leads

cruzned said:
GM, GM, please, if you are reading this, us 03 and 04 SSR owners would love to have an outside temp. gauge on a beautiful Auxiliary setup that is in the new 05's. I would spring for a set in a heartbeat if it had that! I love the look of that gauge pkg.! Please make it work! If not, why exactly will the new auxiliary gauge pkg. not work in the 03 or 04 models?
Ed,

It is do to the two different wire leads that come off the computer that hook up to the 05 Aux. Gauge Pkg.

Ps. There should be a way to acquire new leads to the 05 Aux. Gauge so that it can be used in an 03-04 SSR.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts