Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I everyone joined because I bo8ught wife a '05 SSR Silver w/43K miles on Friday the 13th of July!
Yes it turns out it was a bad omen after the fact, AC stopped working off and on, gauge cluster doesn't work completely.
So here I am looking to see what I need to do to rectify my situation any help would be appreciated. I am mechanically inclined so I do work on my own vehicles but I'm not computer savvy I leave that to my kids and grand-kids.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,453 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!! :00000732:

It sounds like you need new stepper motors in your gauge cluster ( easy fix )

Click on this link Dicktator's Library to get many answers to your questions.

Reactions: Auggie Doggie

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,374 Posts
Ken, Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever! -----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then when you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick & Kathy

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,042 Posts
A big hearty welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota. Don't be discouraged. These vehicles are awesome and you will really enjoy it. All vehicles have a few cliches but once they are worked out you will be grinning and driving Top Down often.Enjoy the ride!!!

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Welcome Ken!

Check out the DIY - How to Library. The stepper motors for the gauges has already been mentioned, and the A/C could be as simple as the control rheostat/switch. I had an issue with mine a few years ago.

Update your profile to let us know where you are located. We take pride in helping each other out.

David :blur:

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Welcome too the Family, from Friendswood, Texas. Hope You get everything working but still driveable and still fun with the top down. Enjoy it

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
:00000732: from the Heartbeat of Tennessee ... Murfreesboro !!! Sounds like you got a few "gremlins" to deal with at the present time Ken. "Attack" them one at a time and after you get them all "corrected" you will find the SSR is one fun lovin' machine !!! Specifically where do you "store" your SSR and where is Ken's "Best damn Garage" in town ??? Post it and you will be surprised at the SSRfanatics willing to help you. Again :00000732: to SSR Nation !!!

tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts
Seems there are a lot of new owners experiencing the same issues with their new R! Luckily they find our site and get the issues resolved. That being said, I would encourage all new owners to complete the member information. Without that information they will never know if there is another Fanatic close by who may be willing to help out. See Joe Hinton post...he needs some help in N. Mississippi. So, newbie...welcome to this fantastic sire where we want to be helpful so you can enjoy that “permagrin”.

OLDxR

·
Daily Driver
8,940 Posts
Hey Ken, welcome to the family. :seeya
We've got the fixes baby, if you've got the time.

·
Premium Member
35,646 Posts
Welcome from Canada! :cheers

Congrats on your new SSR :silver::thumbs

enjoy the permagrin!

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,439 Posts
You must be living right....You found our forum! Best place for the answers your looking for! Welcome from Cincinnati!

·
Slingshot Rules!
72,457 Posts
WELCOME, Ken . . . from Southern Arizona.

Gauge Problem . . . the gauges are driven by little motors called "Stepper Motors" which seem to go Goofy far too soon. The Steppers are inexpensive but the labor is a kicker. Good Luck.

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !​

1 - 16 of 16 Posts