Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Aqua Blur SSR Pit Crew
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New 06 came in today!!!!

The new one arrived today:party See my latest post:ssr Hi All - Just got word today that my 06 order has been accepted in to the system. Don't know the build date yet but should know it soon. Not sure what I'm doing with my 05 Aqua Blur automatic with 2300 miles but if you're in the New England area and and are interested in it PM me and we can talk. JimO:cool

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
N29,

What did you order?

Ray

·
Aqua Blur SSR Pit Crew
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered a 06 with the same color I have, Aqua Blur, love that color!!! It's got a six speed and the chrome package plus some of the other goodies.
I'm especially intrerested in the special badging that it will have also. I wanted a six speed when I bought the 05 but no one in the area had one. So now I wait for my new ride to arrive.

·
Registered
94 Posts
New '06

Just got my six speed Smokin Asphalt on Saturday 1/28. Wait till you hear it back down in gear. The sweetest sound!!

jhs

·
Aqua Blur SSR Pit Crew
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't wait to hear it. The auto just doesn't do it right!!!:agree

·
Registered
595 Posts
Who Knows Used To The Final Pay Wasnt Until The End Of March They Are Trying To Help The Dealers Sell Out Of Some Of Them There Are Aloooooootttt Of 2005's Left On The Ground Across The Country

·
Registered
64 Posts
What to do??????

Here is my situation and would love any and all input...my feeling are fine! I bought my 04 slingshot in July of 05 here in Palm Beach. I drive a lot, I am in the designer sun glass biz and use the back for my sample cases. It keeps them out of sight. I love the ride even thought I do need more roon in the cargo are. Well now the situation!!!!!!! I have about 13,000 miles on it with an extended warrenty in place but I sure would love to fell the "xtra horses"......there was not much dealing in July because it was the 04's that had to go............How do I get into an 05 without getting hurt bad!!! It looks like bad trade in at the dealer and both wholesale and retail are hard times.......suggestions on how to get into an 05 and how much would be fair????? :willy: :cool

·
Registered
442 Posts
The answer is to offer dealers low 30's for an '05 and some are taking that (see new post about $33K '05 6 speed and earlier one for $29,995) and sell your '04 privately for mid 20's.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
06 6Speed

ISLANDDREAMS said:
Wait I Can Order It Why Didnt You Order From Me ? Now My Feelings Are Hurt

Can you get me an 06 6 Speed in Sunburst Orange??

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
GUB said:
Here is my situation and would love any and all input...my feeling are fine! I bought my 04 slingshot in July of 05 here in Palm Beach. I drive a lot, I am in the designer sun glass biz and use the back for my sample cases. It keeps them out of sight. I love the ride even thought I do need more roon in the cargo are. Well now the situation!!!!!!! I have about 13,000 miles on it with an extended warrenty in place but I sure would love to fell the "xtra horses"......there was not much dealing in July because it was the 04's that had to go............How do I get into an 05 without getting hurt bad!!! It looks like bad trade in at the dealer and both wholesale and retail are hard times.......suggestions on how to get into an 05 and how much would be fair????? :willy: :cool

Unless you had to have the manual, you might want to consider just adding a supercharger......

·
Aqua Blur SSR Pit Crew
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dealer just called and the build date is on Feb. 17. A Friday truck!!:eek Can't wait for it to arrive!!:jester

·
Registered
442 Posts
There are no "Friday trucks". It takes days to go from Body-In-White through Paint, Chassis, Trim and Final. If it was a fast line and three shifts, then maybe a couple days. Enjoy!

·
Aqua Blur SSR Pit Crew
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, I realize that. It's just the old adage that you never wanted a Friday or Monday vehicle. Just thought it was funny.

·
Aqua Blur SSR Pit Crew
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just found out that real build week is Feb 27th. It would be nice to take the plant tour and see it built but it looks like the preference for everyone is the week after. So I can see it in the line to load it on the truck:lol

·
Aqua Blur SSR Pit Crew
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Arrived at the dealer today

:party Well my new baby arrived at the dealer today!!! The bad news is that I leave tomorrow till Saturday on business so I won't be able to pick it up till Monday. It will spend the week inside getting ready!! The Aqua Blur with the chrome package looks awsum!!!:party An interesting fact that I missed when ordering is that when you get the 3SS package with chrome package you get painted to match running boards. I'm not sure I like that so I'm probably going to have the dealer take my satin boards off my 05 and switch them with the 06:ssr Anyway it looks GREAT!! Can't wait till next Monday:party JIMO

1 - 19 of 19 Posts