Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Smoken Asphalt 6 Speed (Black Pearl)
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm Thomas Dutton owner of Deep Blue Scuba in Port Aransas,Tx.

My Scuba shop is in Aransas Pass and Dive Boat in Port Aransas.

Just picked up my 2005 Smoken Asphalt 6 Speed out of DFW Friday.

I'm the 2nd owner of this SSR and believe Terry Stricker was the original owner. Car history, SSR's current issues, mileage all match to Terry's SSR.

(Terry Stricker--I have a 2005 SSR that I bought new. It has been a fun truck and have 28,000 miles on it. I am retired and live in Pittsburg, TX and am so glad I found this forum.)

Any help in getting into contact with him would be greatly appreciated.

I have IM him on here fyi, But I'm looking for his email.

I look forward to being active and a contributing member here.

Thomas
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Plant

Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Sky Plant

Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Car

Hood Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Personal luxury car

·
Registered
2004 Chevy SSR
24 Posts
Hello,

I'm Thomas Dutton owner of Deep Blue Scuba in Port Aransas,Tx.

My Scuba shop is in Aransas Pass and Dive Boat in Port Aransas.

Just picked up my 2005 Smoken Asphalt 6 Speed out of DFW Friday.

I'm the 2nd owner of this SSR and believe Terry Stricker was the original owner. Car history, SSR's current issues, mileage all match to Terry's SSR.

(Terry Stricker--I have a 2005 SSR that I bought new. It has been a fun truck and have 28,000 miles on it. I am retired and live in Pittsburg, TX and am so glad I found this forum.)

Any help in getting into contact with him would be greatly appreciated.

I have IM him on here fyi, But I'm looking for his email.

I look forward to being active and a contributing member here.

Thomas View attachment 618208
View attachment 618207
View attachment 618206
View attachment 618205
Enjoy your permagrin , Looks like you have dreamed about owning one for a long time ,just like myself.
Glen

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
6,664 Posts
@DeepBlueScuba, Welcome from Forney Texas !!! Here are some links for you. @Terry Stricker You are being paged:cool:

Click here for the "How To Library" OneDrive

Also click on this link and go to Post #1 Help Us Help You---UPDATE

Click here for parts, help and tips--Simple Engineering, LLC – Chevy SSR Aftermarket Parts, Accessories and Repair Solutions

Owner Pinmap locate other owners and let them locate you.

Also, Frank, @Dinerman, is our Texas leader and will get you on our Mailing list.

Nick & Kathy

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you either post or send me the last 5 of the VIN and I will see if I have it recorded.
[email protected]

I prefer the email as I am dealing as Executor on 2 wills and not on the site that often so I may miss your post.
Hey Cash,

Last 5 dig are 18984.

I also IM you on here for any other information you needed for your files that I have.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Enjoy your permagrin , Looks like you have dreamed about owning one for a long time ,just like myself.
Glen
Hey Glen,

Yes been waiting a long time for the ONE. 😎
Truck is in great shape and can't believe I found it like new still.

Looking forward to many years of enjoyment driving it.

·
Premium Member
5,753 Posts
Carbon copy of mine when I purchased it. It would be good to know if the necessary "updates" like fan and bed light have been done.

I have put about 5K miles on mine each non-Covid year. It seem I put about 25 cents a mile on updates and improvements. That keeps it running good and driving great. Maybe not all necessary but still good.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Carbon copy of mine when I purchased it. It would be good to know if the necessary "updates" like fan and bed light have been done.

I have put about 5K miles on mine each non-Covid year. It seem I put about 25 cents a mile on updates and improvements. That keeps it running good and driving great. Maybe not all necessary but still good.
Hey Dave,

Truck is stock with no upgrades.

I do have the upgrade list and will be a labor of love to click each upgrade on her.

·
Super Moderator
14,386 Posts
Hi Glen, I am sorry, I have no previous ownership history info on 18984 but I might tell you some things of interest.
GM built our trucks in series, and in your case from about VIN 18700 to 19000 were almost all 6sp with a smattering of auto in there as special build requests.
After 19001 the Daytona 500's were built - about 50/50 6sp vs auto.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Glen, I am sorry, I have no preious ownership history info on 18984 but I might tell you some things of interest.
GM built our trucks in series, and in your case from about VIN 18700 to 19000 were almost all 6sp with a smattering of auto in there as special build requests.
Hey Cash,

Thanks the the insight and if I have anything you can use or need just ask.

I do believe this was Terry Stricker ssr.

The car fax and his profile show the same town, same miles and mine has the exact same issues.

Thomas

·
Registered
2004 Chevy SSR
24 Posts
Hi Glen, I am sorry, I have no previous ownership history info on 18984 but I might tell you some things of interest.
Hi Cash this reply is to Thomas Dutton not myself.
Glen

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur, top secret can't say anything about another one
7,044 Posts
Welcome aboard. Two things I might add. #1 get in touch with Frank @Dinerman he is the man to know in Texas for the Fanatic group. He does the news letter and all around great guy.

#2 if your not familiar with the SSR 6 speeds you might want to do some reading on them. Basically the 5th and 6th gears are over drives and especially 6th gear should be reserved for higher speeds while cruising down the highway at speed. That transmission does not like to be dogged in 6th gear and can tear stuff up. There are not many transmissions to be had and most of the time they will need to be rebuilt. Good news, there is a guy in Texas who deals with them. But others have learned the hard way about letting them rattle around in 6th gear and then needing repaired.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
5,832 Posts
Welcome to the Fanatic family from the Buckeye State! I'm sure you are already enjoying what we call a "Permagrin"! In September of 2023 we are having our International SSR Rally in Flagstaff, AZ. Hope you can join us! :cool:

Reactions: DeepBlueScuba
1 - 20 of 26 Posts