Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a new 390 hp 6 speed, gear ratio is terrible (3.73) does anyone know who can change these gears? was told they were made in australia and is none avail.

Thanks Tom

·
Registered
111 Posts
Why is the gear ratio terrible? I thought a 3.73 rear would be assume!!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
3.73 is a good overall gear ratio for city and highway. If you want to blaze a quarter mile, then get a 4.11 rearend. But then you will redline at 110 m.p.h. on the highway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the truck goes 75 mph in 2nd gear!! 6th gear 85 mph it is almost bogging out, went 130 in 4th no problem so it is not good all around. 390 hp and the truck is not much faster than my 2004...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Gears

My SRT-10 has the same problem. It (2004) came with 4:11 gears and many have complained about the first gear drivability around town. Dodge is correcting this on the 05' with 4:56 gears. The driveability is greatly improved and with 5th & 6th being overdrive's (same trany as new SSR) Top speed cruising is not affected.Mofo

·
Premium Member
2,630 Posts
6 Speed

I drove a new 2005 aqua blur 6 speed yesterday (10 miles on it) from my local dealer. I did like the quicker acceleration in the lower gears but for me to much shifting,. I guess if I were 20 years younger and had a lot of testerone to disperse it would be fun but I like not having to shift all the time in traffic and don't miss the jerking between shifts. As far as gearing goes I allways tend to believe that the makers allways go one step higher with gears then what would be perfect just for the gas milage. :thumbs

·
Registered
420 Posts
6 Speed

2005 Redline Red 6 Speed Six Hours Old I Love It! Hey Guys My Wife Surprised Me Merry Xmas. Been Reading These Post For Months ,now I Realy Need To Pay Attention To All The Advise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts