Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When the OEM Battery Ground Cable had long since disappeared and the replacement AC Delco got to be in short supply, I approached my friend Vince at CustomBatteryCables.com to get a new one built. We worked together, me acquiring some OEM components and Vince putting it all together with his high quality parts and fabrication. I really feel like we have a winner. We built a "test batch" of about 15 and I sent a couple out to some very critical eyes for first installation. The feedback has been really good....

The cable is built with high quality "Made in the USA" wire and heavy duty ends for attaching to the body and frame points. The battery connection terminal and black vinyl cover is sourced from GM. The nylon split loom protection is attached only on the end by the connection lugs, so that the cable is more flexible. All of the individual bits that went into making this cable are the best that we can find. The termination of the cables at the battery are both crimped and soldered. The termination of the cables at the lug end are crimped and insulated with adhesive shrink sleeving.

I have added this to my Simple Engineering web store. You can find it at New Battery Ground Cable

CustomBatteryCables.com has been building all sorts of battery cables since 2003. It's a fabulous small business with a great crew. Go have a look at his web site....

Regards All,

Mike

IMG_4173.jpg IMG_4174.jpg Comparing three Cables.jpg

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,905 Posts
Mike, does this work with your spare tire relocated battery?

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike, does this work with your spare tire relocated battery?
No, the relocated battery requires a much longer cable. The one that comes with the battery relocation (Spare Tire Kit) is also made by CustomBatteryCables.com.......

Mike

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
451 Posts
What is the Part Number or Size for the Ground Bolts?
It seems like a good idea to replace these also for a solid ground.

·
Registered
241 Posts
It seems to me when you change your battery you need a new negative battery cable. Why is that ?
John F.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,326 Posts
It seems to me when you change your battery you need a new negative battery cable. Why is that ?
John F.
These trucks really need full voltage so it's preventative maintenance while you're already in the vicinity changing the battery. Some insist on it and others say don't fix it if it ain't broke.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts