Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - We are new to the site and appreciate the membership. We are in the early stages of shopping for an SSR. We live in beautiful Gulf Breeze (Pensacola) Florida and have looked at a few SSRs in the area. Any advice a guidance is welcome. Thank you in advance. Dennis

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,160 Posts
A big hearty welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota!!!

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Welcome from a former Florida Fanatic Dennis there's a lot of post on here as to what to look for in an SSR for a first time buyer.
Naturally get the one that you really like the best whether its a certain color, year, engine 5.3 or 6.0, automatic/stick etc. As always price might become the most important factor in your decision right now it looks like a buyers market out there and there are a lot of nice R's for sale out there.
For me if I were looking for another one I would start with the ones that some of the Fanatics are trying to sell as they will most likely be well cared for, have most of the upgrades done to them and are in good working condition. Good luck in your search for a great ride.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,457 Posts
There's some great buys in the For Sale section right now. Go for it and welcome to the family. :00000732:
What he said!

Welcome from one of the SoCal Nuts. Enjoy the search and then enjoy the ride.

·
Premium Member
7,293 Posts
Slingshot Yellow DOOPHUS ??? The guy wants a colorful SSR ... he is not starting a taxi cab company (I'm sorry Auggie, the Devil made me say that ... I apologize). Just havin' fun with y'all, actually Slingshot Yellow was my first choice, but not wifey's ... it had to be Red. tennesseecozydog :ssr

DTMalloy49, almost forgot to say :00000732: :00000732: :00000732: in my haste to poke fun at DOOPHUS. All of the above advice is very good ... take your time, they're all fun to drive, whatever year you decide on. Again :00000732: aboard. tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for the warm welcome ...seems like a great group!! I looked at an 04 purple one this week that is definitely priced right. Has 106k miles but Carfax reports structural damage. Thoughts??

·
Premium Member
9,682 Posts
Good morning and another welcome from central Illinois.... horse power..5.3 verus 6.0 ,100 difference...color..and chrome..are the hardest things to change...chose wisely..

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,160 Posts
Thank you for the warm welcome ...seems like a great group!! I looked at an 04 purple one this week that is definitely priced right. Has 106k miles but Carfax reports structural damage. Thoughts??
1. Ones that are damaged and repaired it depends on the repairs and how good they were done. Some if done right have no problems.
2. Mileage is pretty high. Price.
3. It will have a Branded Title stating the damage.
4. Because of that Branded Title you may not get a loan on it if needed.
5. May not be able to get full coverage insurance also.
6. If you decide not to keep it you could possibly have a difficult time selling it because of that Branded Title.

Most are only driven on nice days so average miles are about 50,000 to 60,000 mile range. Some are daily drivers and have 100,000 to 200,000 miles on theirs so the reliability is there. Good luck.

Reactions: Flying Dog

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
45,419 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa. !!!!!!!!!!! :00000732:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Not sure what you plan on paying or what the "damaged" UV cost but if you really like that color and who wouldn't :wink2: check out Dradon2U he has a very nice one for sell priced right with all the upgrades and a lot of bells and whistles done to it. If I didn't all ready own one Id be knocking at his door. Worth checking out that's for sure.

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,933 Posts
Welcome ! Pick your color and price range..... it'll come around in time. The rest of the suggestions are all good ones to consider, too. I don't mind the smaller engine, want Bigger Brakes !

1 - 20 of 31 Posts