Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, they are the dome decals off Ebay, there was supposed to be two large bow ties but the Front Bow Tie is larger than the back one so I couldn't put one on the front!! but I got all for wheels and the steering wheel!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I like that tailgate bowtie. It matches up with your truck. Nice!

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Dig that Carbon Fiber..:thumbs

RickSSR :cool

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Machell,

The bowties look SUPER!

I see you got a set of the pressure indicating valve caps. Do you like them? And do they work?

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Buffy, I do like the valves covers and yes they do work! I had a slow leak and would not have known until it was to late if it weren't for the covers! They aren't as pretty as the silver ones though!

·
Registered
135 Posts
pressure valve stem caps

Hi wildcat66,I put some on mine but the glass end sticks out past the wheel.If you brush a curb the glass could break and it looks like the tire would deflate with in seconds.John

·
Registered
340 Posts
Help !!!

I need to get the grill piece with the bowtie on it removed , well someone please tell me how . I've looked for the so called clips & can't locate them.

Thanks in advance, Topcat55

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
wildcat66 said:
I had a slow leak and would not have known until it was to late if it weren't for the covers! They aren't as pretty as the silver ones though!
What! You don't complete the "pre-flight" checklist before launching???? :lol

I too had a slow leak - and started to back out of my garage before I felt the down tire - I now do a 'walk-around" before I drive after my SSR has sat for more than a day!

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
clips?

Topcat55, there are no clips. The very ends of the bar is velcroed to the headlights.
Be gentle, but just pull on them and they should come off.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Topcat, there are two bolts that have to come off first. and yes there is velcro at the lights but the clips you have heard about are more like slots ( 'V' Clips that fit into a slot. Pull gently but firmly and it will come off! I had to take mine off to fix the bar at the light !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts