Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· SSR Owners Group
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the word from Karl Tyler Chevrolet - my build week has been changed from 8/11/3 to 9/1/3. Three more weeks to wait - what the heck - I've been waiting 4 years already - what's another month!

Guess my '59 Chevy Apache Stake (flat) bed dually will have to keep me occupied for now!

:cool

· SSR Owners Group
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well,

IF GM is going to switch over to the '04 model year on Oct 1st as I've read - that means only 41 working days to produce 3,374 vehicles - or 82.3 SSR's per day - get the quality correct and CRANK up the OT! Otherwise - the '04 models MAY end up waiting until 04...

I am anxious to see if I can get my SSR registered here in California BEFORE Oct 1st - the Vehicle License FEE TRIPLES (Thanks GRAY DAVIS!) then...

I also have my custom plates (SSR 2003) waiting at DMV for my truck...

· SSR Owners Group
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One Day Delay

Most General Motors Corp. plants in Lansing remained in the dark Friday, long after power had been restored to the rest of the metro area.

The launch of the Chevrolet SSR and Cadillac SRX, both in early production in Lansing, may be delayed a few days because of the blackout, he said.

http://www.lsj.com/news/business/030816_gm_1a-11a.html

· SSR Owners Group
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
10 Years (and two days) Ago!!!​
I was so jazzed about getting a build date - then to have slippage - "The Waiting" was the Hardest Part!

Yes - this was the 1st tune played thru the Bose system in #1740...

· Super Moderator
14,432 Posts
Event Crowd Floor Games Building

My best guess is this is #333, BOD 7.29.2003 - is (or was) owned by fanatic GMJIM.
Even though the earliest regular productions (beginning at VIN 300) had a BOD of 6.12.2003, I think the reason GM/LCC did not consider these prior 33 builds as first saleable is they were all designated for some purpose, Pace trucks, SoCal, SEMA builds or engineering test units.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.