Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the word from Karl Tyler Chevrolet - my build week has been changed from 8/11/3 to 9/1/3. Three more weeks to wait - what the heck - I've been waiting 4 years already - what's another month!

Guess my '59 Chevy Apache Stake (flat) bed dually will have to keep me occupied for now!

:cool

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well,

IF GM is going to switch over to the '04 model year on Oct 1st as I've read - that means only 41 working days to produce 3,374 vehicles - or 82.3 SSR's per day - get the quality correct and CRANK up the OT! Otherwise - the '04 models MAY end up waiting until 04...

I am anxious to see if I can get my SSR registered here in California BEFORE Oct 1st - the Vehicle License FEE TRIPLES (Thanks GRAY DAVIS!) then...

I also have my custom plates (SSR 2003) waiting at DMV for my truck...

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
10 Years (and two days) Ago!!!​
I was so jazzed about getting a build date - then to have slippage - "The Waiting" was the Hardest Part!

Yes - this was the 1st tune played thru the Bose system in #1740...

·
Super Moderator
13,609 Posts
First_Saleable_2003-07-29.JPG

My best guess is this is #333, BOD 7.29.2003 - is (or was) owned by fanatic GMJIM.
Even though the earliest regular productions (beginning at VIN 300) had a BOD of 6.12.2003, I think the reason GM/LCC did not consider these prior 33 builds as first saleable is they were all designated for some purpose, Pace trucks, SoCal, SEMA builds or engineering test units.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts