Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Perfectionist
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE: New chrome spear scratch

Well, I went to pick up the new chrome spear from the dealership today. Huge box, no damage. I asked the parts guy if we could look at it there before I left with it. Opened the box, it had foam on both ends, and was NOT wrapped up! I have not had a part yet that has not been in a bag, or bubble wrap, or foam. It was scratched!!!! So he is gonna reorder it. Just my luck. D:surprise:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I don't know where they are coming form? I bought a chrome spear about 2 years ago & Gm only had 17 in the warehouse at that time......The first one came in broken in half.....I refused it......ordered another and told the selling dealer to wrap it well. They double boxed it with no padding.........Amazing it came through in good condition. They were all gone a short while after that?

Birdmans

·
Perfectionist
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I finally got a perfect chrome grille spear. The parts guy said they got one last week in for me. He said he looked at it and it was terrible, had big scratches and gouges in it, so he never even called me. So the third one came today, and finally a super nice part! cant wait to put it on! D

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
scratch

Well I finally got a perfect chrome grille spear. The parts guy said they got one last week in for me. He said he looked at it and it was terrible, had big scratches and gouges in it, so he never even called me. So the third one came today, and finally a super nice part! cant wait to put it on! D
they must be pulling these from other dealer's stock?

Bird

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,044 Posts
I have stainless ones reproduced for the top and front of the 2006 ssr these are mirrored 20ga stainless
OK, I’ll bite. What does that mean?

A) You’ve got the 20ga polished stainless overlays for the top and front of the spear?
B) You’ve got a spear made of 20g polished stainless?
C) Something else?

- Robert

·
Perfectionist
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, I’ll bite. What does that mean?

A) You’ve got the 20ga polished stainless overlays for the top and front of the spear?
B) You’ve got a spear made of 20g polished stainless?
C) Something else?

- Robert
I am thinkin "A"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts