Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The survey thread that was discussing the new color announcement for the SSr pretty much ended on march 26th. Has anyone posted the new color yet. If so I missed it. If not, come on Marc, it's time to spill the beans (or not) :) .
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
670 Posts
Broomer said:
The survey thread that was discussing the new color announcement for the SSr pretty much ended on march 26th. Has anyone posted the new color yet. If so I missed it. If not, come on Mark, it's time to spill the beans (or not) :) .
WILL THERE BE AN 06 MODEL ???????????????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey ding bat,
That's a good point! Personally I will be disappointed if the new solid color is not "Spitfire Orange" as suggested by E. Curtis. :thumbs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
mr.merlin said:
heard it is two tone silver and black!!
This would make sense, as the original 48 - 53 Chevy trucks (model for SSR front end) came in limited range of colors (blue/black/green/orange that I know of) BUT one of the 'factory' paint options was a silver and black 2-tone - I think it was silver hood with black fenders, but not sure.
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
no the color will not be orange, though we did do a Lamborgini orange and it turned out great. It had black satin finish under the hood and the bed cover. But the new color will be some type of blue or a two tone we have been playing with the two tone for a little while. I seen black and silver and blue and silver. Gotta wait and see what it will be!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,391 Posts
Hey, Jim

Glad to see you're back!!!

Missed you the last while. I had sent you a couple of emails regarding the adjustment on the tonneau, and hadn't heard from you. Would love to get that dialed in before summer.

Will send you a PM with the same information.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Ray
 

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
Joined
·
8,664 Posts
Soon I hope....

jimjacks7 said:
no the color will not be orange, though we did do a Lamborgini orange and it turned out great. It had black satin finish under the hood and the bed cover. But the new color will be some type of blue or a two tone we have been playing with the two tone for a little while. I seen black and silver and blue and silver. Gotta wait and see what it will be!
Jim who works at the SSR plant is right on with his comments... I know it seems crazy but I still haven't gotten the "OK" to release the official 06 new color. :mad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I actually saw the Orange here in St. Petersburg 3 months ago (Jan.). I just joined this forum trying to find out if that was a available color as the dealership keeps giving me the 'deer stuck in headlights' stare when I ask about that color.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
Thanks for the Acknowledgement Broomer

Broomer said:
Hey ding bat,
That's a good point! Personally I will be disappointed if the new solid color is not "Spitfire Orange" as suggested by E. Curtis. :thumbs

Thanks for the acknowledgement Broomer!

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,671 Posts
Didn't know about E. Curtis suggesting orange, but a survey taken here about a year ago showed that Orange and Candy Apple Red were the colors that the participants of this forum thought should be added to the palette; dang sure wasn't Aquablurrrrrrrrrrrrr!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,391 Posts
Doesn't sound like Candy Apple or Orange are making it for 06 either - and I thought GM was interested in our opinion :confused

Oh well - wasn't ready for another one in 06 - maybe we get one last crack at it for 07 - if production continues.

Ray
 

·
West Coast Pit Crew
Joined
·
10,185 Posts
Please Don't Tell Me

Not Black & Silver we will have every Oakland Raiders fan thinking Chevy made this color just for them!!! :mad :mad :yawn :yawn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,502 Posts
crazyrtr53 said:
Not Black & Silver we will have every Oakland Raiders fan thinking Chevy made this color just for them!!! :mad :mad :yawn :yawn
That thought is just too too... :eek :willy:
 

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
Joined
·
8,664 Posts
Colors are picked long before MY

Flassh said:
Doesn't sound like Candy Apple or Orange are making it for 06 either - and I thought GM was interested in our opinion :confused
Ray
Hey Ray,

FYI: The colors were picked for 06 long before there was any SSR survey. GM probably has the 07 colors in the final acceptance stages and are working on 08 & 09 colors. Perhaps they will listen to some of our comments for those future year(s) that is if the SSR will survive these harder times in the auto industry.

Ps Hmmm do think there will be a 07 MY? :confused
 

·
SSR Owners Group
Joined
·
3,753 Posts
Other 'NEW' Models

I think that the SSR is getting close to having the production ended. With the high volume (GM hopes) HHR hitting the dealerships this summer - and the restructuring to bring Saturn back into the GM world (Solstice/Sky) - I reckon that he SSR's days may be numbered.

Heck - even Marc questions a 2007 MY for the SSR...

Curious - has ANYBODY seen an SS Colbalt at the dealership yet? I've been asking, but get the usual 'deer in the headlights' look when I press for a date that I can even order one...
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top