Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
Beautiful Blues...

TerryH said:
I love the new tow tones, but this color looks too wimpy for this SSR!
I have to say I think it is an awesome blue... can't wait to see it in real time. :thumbs

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Blue is not on my favorite colors list I am reserving my opinion until I see it in person. But I think it should be a hotter, brighter color.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Blue version of Yellow

wildcat66 said:
Blue is not on my favorite colors list I am reserving my opinion until I see it in person. But I think it should be a hotter, brighter color.
No doubt you are thinking of a sort of blue version of yellow, right? :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
My right to revise my opinion

wildcat66 said:
I also reverse the right to change my mind once I see it in person, but what I've always liked about the SSR is the bold or classic colors. In the photos this looks too soft and generic.
But that's just my 2 cents.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
Don't pre-judge a color by its color samples

TerryH said:
I also reverse the right to change my mind once I see it in person, but what I've always liked about the SSR is the bold or classic colors. In the photos this looks too soft and generic.
But that's just my 2 cents.
Try not to be tempted to pre-judge that new color by the sample photo that you see up there. Given the history of small color samples you can rest assure that doesn't come close to the actual beauty of the real color until you see an actual sample or color in daylight. If you were to have looked at the 05 Aqua Blur samples similar to the above color you would have never liked it until you had seen it in person.

From my past experiences ... my $.02

·
180 Posts
Bring back ultraviolet!

A few weeks back when jammadave was having second thoughts on color selection, I thought Gee, I really like them all and wish I could have an SSR in every available color. Right now I'd have to say I would pass on Pacific Blue. Appreciate the preview though!

·
I'm not cool...
2,096 Posts
I agree!

Marc NY said:
Try not to be tempted to pre-judge that new color by the sample photo that you see up there. Given the history of small color samples you can rest assure that doesn't come close to the actual beauty of the real color until you see an actual sample or color in daylight. If you were to have looked at the 05 Aqua Blur samples similar to the above color you would have never liked it until you had seen it in person.

From my past experiences ... my $.02
I wanted aqua blur until I saw it in person, then it just wasn't me. I don't even know why.
I guess thats why they make'm in more than one color :flag

B

·
0 Posts
I figured it was the same blue on the back 1/3 of the SSr pace truck at nascar. If it is that would give you a direct eye :eek shot of the color. If not, what color do they call that blue? :confused :ssr :flag :seeya

·
Premium Member
9,355 Posts
When I saw the truck up close, I though the back end was really close to Ultraviolet - great color.

I don't think Pacific Blue would do it for me. Do we get one more shot at Candy Red in 07? :confused :confused

I don't remember a whole lot of requests for light blue when the survey went out asking what colors we liked best. Orange pearl and Candy red were the most requested, and two tones were pretty frequent - red wouldn't be that hard - they're already doing a pretty good job of it on the Vette as Magnetic red. Why is it so hard for the suits to hear what the customers are asking for?? :banghead

Ray

T

·
0 Posts
New Colors

White would be awesome! I also like the light Blue and Dark Green from the 1968-69 Pontiac line.

Orange - Yes!

Pink - anyone?

David

·
Registered
322 Posts
Not Bad

I actually like it a little. Bet in the sunlight it is much nicer.

Seems to fit in the group of color options, and could be pretty cool with some custom paint designs and such. Good base color. IMHO

·
Registered
322 Posts
White

toycarcollector said:
White would be awesome! I also like the light Blue and Dark Green from the 1968-69 Pontiac line.

Orange - Yes!

Pink - anyone?

David
I thought ours was going to look washed away in the white topped two tone, but it grows on you. In the evening with some sun, the body steps right out at you, and all the curves are enhanced. I found I began to like the white, so do many others. :cool

But with the white rear fenders - never stays clean - never!!! :cuss

No Pink !!!!

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kenetic Blue

The Color blue on the Nextel pace SSR is called Kenetic Blue. It is close to Indigo Blue.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Color

I really wanted a blue one, but this isn't it.

Maybe the small pcitures don't do it justice, but I generally found that if I like the small picture, I really like the real thing.

( Maybe I shouldn't do this, but here is the same picture with more contrast, which I like better).

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts
Why the Blue

Why did GM choose the blue? I think that it is just okay. However, with the surveys of Orange, Candy Red and the two tones why blue? Did blue test better than the orange and candy red? Did GM decide that they needed a blue in the lineup? Of all the paint colors I have seen on this forum not many people have the blue a primary color. It is just used as an accent (as in red, white and blue).

Why was the blue chosen?

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

·
Premium Member
9,355 Posts
Inquiring minds want to know - it would be interesting to get an actual rundown from the decision makers at GM of how the decision on color was made. It sure wasn't by listening to their customer base, because Candy Red and Orange Pearl were definitely the leaders.

Don't mind the 2 tone options - with a bit of trim, that could be a dynamite combination.

Ray

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I too was hoping for the blue on the two tone flamed pace car. This blue is too washed out for me but surely just right for someone else. Each to their own. I bet it looks a heck of a lot better in person.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts