Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea, and they are bent at a 40 degree angle, and get this, they came with a disclaimer that said they are not responsible for any damage. The packaging sucked big time. There were no foam peanuts or anything to keep them from being crushed. One end of the package had a huge bend in it. I fired off an email and will keep them confidential unless they decide to jerk me around in which case I will surely warn all of you to keep away from these slobs. They were mailed Jan. 3 and just got here today. There is no way you would be able to get the kink out of these things. they are completely destroyed from what I can tell. I am a bit ticked off....:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :smash :smash :smash :reddevil

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
jeeze Ed, I'm sorry that your sills are damaged.:mad I was wanting to get some but will wait until your issue has been resolved. I am sure you will eventually let us know who you bought them from and how well you have been treated...or not.

·
OP
8,226 Posts
cruzned said:
Yea, and they are bent at a 40 degree angle, and get this, they came with a disclaimer that said they are not responsible for any damage. The packaging sucked big time. There were no foam peanuts or anything to keep them from being crushed. One end of the package had a huge bend in it. I fired off an email and will keep them confidential unless they decide to jerk me around in which case I will surely warn all of you to keep away from these slobs. They were mailed Jan. 3 and just got here today. There is no way you would be able to get the kink out of these things. they are completely destroyed from what I can tell. I am a bit ticked off....:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :smash :smash :smash :reddevil
If it was gmpartsdirect, they are really good about making things right from damaged shipments. I speak from experience. Good luck.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Either way the shipper would cover damage, anything over $100 should have insurance! Please let us know how this turns out.! Sorry you have to go through this!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am pleased to inform you all that the door sills replacement parts are being shipped as I speak. They were very courteous and appreciative of my description of the parts condition and said these would be packed much more carefully. I just need to notify UPS and have them pick up the bad ones. If you want door sills or any parts at all, I would highly recommend them:

Auburn Chevrolet
1600 Aubrun Way North
Auburn, Washington 98002
phone 253-833-2000
www.auburnchevrolet.com

or

Autorpartspeople.com
5609 Auburn WY S.
Auburn, WA 98092

I paid $128.00 for the pair (they do not have a tailgate one). It came to $141.95 with shipping.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
door sills

Got mine on eBay for $90 plus $13.95 shipping, box was torn open but items inside were ok.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts