Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 06, I also purchased a 4 year 40,000 warranty. I used it once to replace the fuel sending unit from the gas tank. Local chevy dealer did the job and charged the warrantee company about $1200. Well recently I noticed a loud rod knock when shifting through the gears. Well lo and behold, with my warrantee still valid, I took it to the dealer I bought it from and end result, needed a new engine. They put a 2006 LS2 remanufactured engine in and I just got it back today. They couldn't reset the speedo so it still reads 121,624 plus whatever I put on today. I did a lot of research on the Reman engines, rebuilt engines and new engines and every comparison put the Remanufactured 1st or close 2nd with rebuilt coming in last. Hopefully it'll all work out. I now have an 06 with a new engine, 3 year and 100,000 mile full warrantee on the motor. What more could I ask for? Now on to front tires and probably a new battery. Cost of the new engine to me was $200.00 plus 7% Florida Sales Tax. So for $214 I'm not going to complain

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,021 Posts
Congratulations! That was indeed a warranty well worth purchasing! I'm sure you'll keep the paperwork for that replacement engine and in the case you ever sell it (which you shouldn't ?) it will certainly help the resale I would think. Beats the heck out of a 121k engine!
Enjoy that PermaGrin! ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts