Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drop off the TOY at the Body shop for it's new face lift. Getting Kaminari grill, MPD Smoothie Spear and Mpd Molded Running Boards. Also got extra Steering Wheel and took Satin pieces off and getting them chromed. Here is the Problem, since the TOY will be away from home almost all week the "Lovely Wife" gave me a "Honey Do List" to keep my mind off the TOY not home. Do you think this is right?

·
Premium Member
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I don't know how long you and Doris have been married but it's time you learned she's the "Chick in Charge" so suck it up and get to work around the house or in the yard !!!
50 next year. 46 "YES DEAR' the other 4 was Yes Sir No Sir in the Marines "Semper Fi"

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,898 Posts
We will want to see pics when it's finished.:nerd::smile2:

Pictures of the SSR not the chores! People always ask if our house and property are DONE? I say evidently you never owned one!!!!

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Only 6 words needed

If you want to have a happy marriage, there are only 6 words you need to remember
Yes Dear, You're Right, and most important, I'm Sorry

Please keep in mind. This sage advice is provided by a 3 time loser who is now permanently "out"

·
Dr Who
649 Posts
If you were in the service you know it's the one with the bars that give the orders....my wife has a pair of eagles on her shoulders. And just like any good noncom, I ignore have of what she says....

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Seems like a fair trade, cool stuff for the toy and knock out a few honey do's.
Which will mean time for cruzes when the toy gets back. Simple math.
Got an Email from SWT RYD early this morning, he is organizing a "Cruise" down to the Shiloh/Savannah area from Murfreesboro in a couple of weeks, I think on November 18th. Gonna' eat good ole Catfish !!! t-dog :ssr

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,736 Posts
Okay TCD, since you have a consumption background regarding catfish, which one tastes better the fresh or salt water version? I used to frequent an all-you-can-eat catfish restaurant when I was in college in Bowling Green Ky. and it was pretty good. I don't believe I've had it since.

Dave

·
Premium Member
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay TCD, since you have a consumption background regarding catfish, which one tastes better the fresh or salt water version? I used to frequent an all-you-can-eat catfish restaurant when I was in college in Bowling Green Ky. and it was pretty good. I don't believe I've had it since.

Dave
Don't believe I ever eaten Salt water cat fish. These are probable fresh water farm raised as many as they go through.

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts

Dave
All I have ever eaten is Fresh Water Catfish. ten uh see cozydog :ssr

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
4,621 Posts
Best cat fish I’ve had was years ago at a place along Briley Pkway. Think it was **** of the Walk. Also had snake bites

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Best cat fish I’ve had was years ago at a place along Briley Pkway. Think it was **** of the Walk. Also had snake bites
Your are right "Mic" it is on "Briley" about a half mile North of Opryland Hotel on a Frontage Road. My choice is Uncle Bud's on old Lebanon Pike (Rt. 70)in Donelson, Tennessee, (Nashville) tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Drop off the TOY at the Body shop for it's new face lift. Getting Kaminari grill, MPD Smoothie Spear and Mpd Molded Running Boards. Also got extra Steering Wheel and took Satin pieces off and getting them chromed. Here is the Problem, since the TOY will be away from home almost all week the "Lovely Wife" gave me a "Honey Do List" to keep my mind off the TOY not home. Do you think this is right?
I used to have a "honey-do-list", then I retired....now I've got a honey-do-book....hahahaa

Reactions: Auggie Doggie

·
Daily Driver
8,935 Posts
I put all my honey-do lists in a scrap book as cherished gifts from my beloved, I couldn't bear to soil them with pen or pencil.

Then did what I damned well pleased.

·
Georgia SSRers
1,007 Posts
Easy fix SWT, buy another R so you have one to drive and one in the shop !

What is a Kaminari grill, something to cook fish on ?

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Sees like you have enough advice on the honey do question....LOL

What kind of finish are you putting on the Kaminari grill?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Definitely post some pictures.
I'm curious about this process.
Don't Molded Running Boards get fiberglassed in ?
Am I correct in assuming that you need to find a shop that specializes in that kind of work ??
It doesn't seem like the kind of work that your run of the mill body shop would do.
However, I could be wrong as I have zero experience in this area.

·
Premium Member
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We are just painting and a good clear coat. No wrap or 3M protection. To many issues in the long run. I know some people swear by it. As far as special bodywork work, don't need any as far as I know. Go to MPD 1 website and look at pictures, or call Eric.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts