Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new TCI 7 quart transmission pan came in and is installed. My new 14" 2700 CFM Zirgo cooling fan just came in today. I can't wait to install it tomorrow. My OEM fan has been replaced 3 times - and it has failed again. What a piece of crap.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to go!

It took some time to really customize it. But it's working great now. I took the old OEM fan apart by taking it off the schroud and pulling the 2 speed "logic" out of it. Then I shaved the center hole of the schroud a little bit and fit my new Zirgo motor in it. Then I hooked-up the 2 speed "logic" from the old fan to my new fan. This took me awhile to figure out. The 3 wires actually go to 2 grounds and 2 positives on the 2 speed "logic" board. Plugged it back in and it works great. Now I've got the only 2 speed Zirgo 2670 CFM fan is the world. The fan itself is whisper quiet. But if you put your ear to the grill you can actually hear it sucking air thru the radiator. I let it idle for 30 minutes and it never went above 205.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.