Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello to all SSR Fanatics out there in "R" land:

I am not sure what category this story should fall under so I placed it here.

I, as many, SSR fanatics have done a few things to enhance the parking area for our beloved ssr's, namely our garages and the flooring etc. When I first did our garage I went with 12" vinyl tiles in a light beige color with light brown 18" wide 16ft runners, to help catch water run off and preclude black tire marks, it looked nice,but after replacing the carpet runners a few times over a few years; I decided to give our ssr parking space a facelift. So I took everything that wasn't stationary off the floor ripped out the carpet runners, that I secured with double back tape,nasty stuff, could never remove it all. Then I repainted the lower section of the walls with fresh white paint added a few storage racks, cleaned the floor with a scrubber/polisher and laid down 7ftWX 17ft lg vinyl groved tan floor mats secured on both ends with double backed tape, it looked sharp and easy to sweep and clean, until a year and a half later I noticed my vinyl tiles started lifting all over the floor,yep, you guessed the vinyl floor mats were trapping the moisture from the cement and caused the tiles to come unglued, about a dozen of them, so I rolled up the vinyl mats and took them back to Griot's Garage where I bought them and because they didn't offer a caveate, re moisture test on your cement floor etc., they returned the principal price back to me less sales tax and shipping, I thought that was fare. Now came decision time to cover the nasty looking mess under the vinyl mats with all the old sticky glue
runners running 16 ft, Donny two shoes told me about RaceDecking for garages, I researched it and after repairing my floor with new tiles and cleaning everything again I put in the new floor yesterday, and let me tell you fanatics, it surpassed my expectations,it looks really good to Toni and me and it makes anything red in our garage pop into sight when you look from the outside into our garage now! The great thing about this RaceDecking is that it sits a 1/2inch above the floor allowing any moisture to dissapate thru the air channels in the tiles,anyway, I thought it was so good looking I would share it with you all, in case any of you might be considering a garage face lift?!:grin2: PS: If pictures are not showing, go to classic format lower left of this page, click on drop box classic,instead of full.

Attachments

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
45,580 Posts
Nice !!!!!!!! :thumbs

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
HALSSSR: Keep in mind, whenever you need to remove adhesive, consider using 3M General Purpose Adhesive Remover #08984. I've used
this on many adhesives over the years and can count on one hand how many times I've been disappointed. You can find it at auto parts
stores or your local home store. Your floor looks so good it's hard to believe it is a work area. Good going!! LAZY ONE

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
Looks great.
Would be perfect in my town.
scarlet and grey

Go bucks. :cheer:

How easily do creepers or seats with rollers move on this surface?

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Hal, The floor looks great. Will have to bring my R over to see how it would look with the red tiles.

·
Premium Member
36,793 Posts
Very nice Hal, really looks good!

Autoprof How easily do creepers or seats with rollers move on this surface?[/QUOTE said:
I also would be interested in your opinion on this.

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
Premium Member
6,116 Posts
Looks good, With the air channels in the tiles do they show where tires have set for awhile. And what about using floor jack?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts