Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
SSR Enthusiast
2004 Chevrolet SSR #10111 Ricochet Silver
236 Posts
Changed out my Hurst shifter to a B&M which has more chrome plus some red in it. Also installed my replacement tailgate lights from @BlueStreak View attachment 585794 View attachment 585795 View attachment 585797 View attachment 585799 View attachment 585798 View attachment 585800
Really nice! May I ask how you were able to bypass the shifter button in order to use this type of handle? I thought you had to depress the shift knob to get it out of park and go in reverse. I’d like to do this type of upgrade one day and was wondering how to go about it. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really nice! May I ask how you were able to bypass the shifter button in order to use this type of handle? I thought you had to depress the shift knob to get it out of park and go in reverse. I’d like to do this type of upgrade one day and was wondering how to go about it. Thanks
@Dragon2U (Mike) makes the replacement shaft and you choose the knob.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,465 Posts
I'd sure like a set of those rear Nurf bars! Sure would help to protect Thunders sweet rear end! ;) Thunder (2).jpg

·
Premium Member
9,321 Posts
I'd sure like a set of those rear Nurf bars! Sure would help to protect Thunders sweet rear end! ;) View attachment 585809
The rear nerf bar is great, but the front ones are even more valuable. Not likely someone backing into a parallel parking spot will drive ahead far enough to tap the rear end, but much more likely to happen when someone is backing into the spot ahead of you. Some people still park by feel, and those would help a bit. My worst fear is someone with a trailer hitch parking by feel and taking out the nose. I'm a bit paranoid, and will walk back a great distance if I can find the front spot in a zone.
IMG_5280.JPG

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
@Flassh , do you know anyone who makes this for our trucks or are they all just custom made by someone?

·
Premium Member
9,321 Posts
@Flassh , do you know anyone who makes this for our trucks or are they all just custom made by someone?
I think I purchased one of the last sets made by Bernie in Lake Havasu in 2006. 240 Gordy bought Bernie's truck, and removed and sold the nerf bars.

Several sets were then produced by Floyd Bailey before his untimely death. Rumor is that Mike in AZ MAY be looking at producing them. Not sure how far down the pipeline they are.

If Mike builds them, you can be sure any limitations of the earlier designs will be factored in.

You will run into the same issue I did with the front spoiler. I had a local fabricator cut and sleeve the front bar. so it could be separated and reinstalled after you cut the appropriate holes in the spoiler for the bar to go back through. You can see that if you look closely at the photo.

Ooooops - didn't mean to hijack SWT RYD's thread. I wonder - did his set come from Floyd Bailey?

Reactions: HUAW

·
Premium Member
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I purchased one of the last sets made by Bernie in Lake Havasu in 2006. 240 Gordy bought Bernie's truck, and removed and sold the nerf bars.

Several sets were then produced by Floyd Bailey before his untimely death. Rumor is that Mike in AZ MAY be looking at producing them. Not sure how far down the pipeline they are.

If Mike builds them, you can be sure any limitations of the earlier designs will be factored in.

You will run into the same issue I did with the front spoiler. I had a local fabricator cut and sleeve the front bar. so it could be separated and reinstalled after you cut the appropriate holes in the spoiler for the bar to go back through. You can see that if you look closely at the photo.

Ooooops - didn't mean to hijack SWT RYD's thread. I wonder - did his set come from Floyd Bailey?
Yes mine was made by Floyd. I talked to Mike Moro at the gathering in Branson a few weeks ago and he said the person that he asked to produce them would need a large quantity request for him to go any further. It is like the company that was ask to reproduce the windshield to factory specs, not enough interest.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Huan
Reference Nerf Bars for SSR. For the truck that I'm building (street rodding) for Leno, I ordered front and rear nerf bars from Pete and Jakes. The bars are from their California Kid collection. The bars that I ordered are actually for 33-34 Fords, but fit nicely on the SSR. Front bar is part # 8124 @ $395.00. Rear bar is #8125 @ $295.00. High quality chrome. They are a bit pricie, but excellant quality product. Hope this helps.
JC
JC Rods

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,454 Posts
Huan
Reference Nerf Bars for SSR. For the truck that I'm building (street rodding) for Leno, I ordered front and rear nerf bars from Pete and Jakes. The bars are from their California Kid collection. The bars that I ordered are actually for 33-34 Fords, but fit nicely on the SSR. Front bar is part # 8124 @ $395.00. Rear bar is #8125 @ $295.00. High quality chrome. They are a bit pricie, but excellant quality product. Hope this helps.
JC
JC Rods
Hey @JC Rods , if you put the @ symbol then begin typing the sitename, you will get a drop down menu to pick from. Once the sitename is chosen and you post, this will give that person an "alert" that you used their name and they will then see the post itself. If done proper, the sitename font will change color like yours at the beginning of this post.
Hope this helps navigate our little forum. Any progress on your R?

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,454 Posts
Hey @HUAW , JC Rods responded to your nerf bars inquiry. See post #16 above! 👍

·
Premium Member
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey @HUAW , JC Rods responded to your nerf bars inquiry. See post #16 above! 👍
I looked up those part#'s on Pete and Jake's website and maybe someone better than me can tell me how they would fit a SSR without cutting the front Fasica and rear bumper.!!!

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Thanks for the info @JC Rods ! I will check them out!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts