Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just handed a new bulletin for 05 SSR and only 05. It's for the chirp in the front end under hard acceleration or WOT while upshifting or downshifting. it is due to the inertia of other componets on the serpentine drive system,czosing the belt to chirp. the repair is to replace the generator with part # 15288861. the bulletin # is 04-06-01-031A. Hope this helps out. :seeya

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
wingrider said:
I was just handed a new bulletin for 05 SSR and only 05. It's for the chirp in the front end under hard acceleration or WOT while upshifting or downshifting. it is due to the inertia of other componets on the serpentine drive system,czosing the belt to chirp. the repair is to replace the generator with part # 15288861. the bulletin # is 04-06-01-031A. Hope this helps out. :seeya

Thanks for keeping us informed....(even if that was just for an '05 :) )

·
Registered
416 Posts
These TSBs: are any of these items things that the manufacturer will send out recall notices on, or that the dealer will fix if you bring your vehicle in for other service/maintenance?

I've only had my SSR for 6 weeks / less than 2,000 miles on it, and I'm wondering if I'll need to put together a list of all these TSBs before my first visit to the Chevy service department...

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A bulletin rarely tuns into a recall. TSBs are used to help us techs repair a vehicle quicker. most TSBs are started when a complant is heard over and over again with tech asst. GM won't send any letters out about this chirp noise. But if you have this concern take it in and it will be cover under the warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Don't know about now but...

in the past you could actually subscribe to the TSB's directly from GM...MARC??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.