Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just arrived in form, got a 03 to replace my El Camino (had 2) I drive the SSR as my daily driver and have loved doing so for 3 years now. I know it's a sin by you alls standards. But I tell people who comment on it that:black: it's a El Camino on steroids.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Just arrived in form, got a 03 to replace my El Camino (had 2) I drive the SSR as my daily driver and have loved doing so for 3 years now. I know it's a sin by you alls standards. But I tell people who comment on it that:black: it's a El Camino on steroids.
I did the same thing - sold the el camino bought the ssr - love it - my mechanic bought the el camino and is supposed to re-do it with bucket seats and a bigger engine - I get first choice to buy it back

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,488 Posts
Wendell3021, Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever! -----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then when you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

--Also if you haven't yet, go to "FORUMS", "SSRFanatics News & Polls", "New Member section" and introduce Yourself!

Nick & Kathy

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
45,484 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!!! :00000732:

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Congrats on your purchase (3 years ago) and welcome to the forum from Middle Georgia!! :sunce:

Glad you finally stopped by to meet the family. :grin2:

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,171 Posts
A big hearty welcome from sunny Sturgis South Dakota!!!

·
Premium Member
7,295 Posts
Wendell, it is not a SIN to have an SSR as a daily driver. Mine is not exactly a daily driver, probably a weekly driver is more like it. Have driven it to Nashville twice this week (90 mile round trip) and ... late today severe storms supposed to move into the Nashville area. Hope I can head back to Murfreesboro before they arrive and get "Red Molly" tucked in the garage before they arrive. Have fun in your new TOY. You'll soon wish you'd have "invested" in one years ago !!! tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Daily Driver
8,948 Posts
I know it's a sin by you alls standards.
Not all y'all, many of us do the daily driver and some do not use/have a garage.
I've done several El Caminos and Caballeros from '59 to '86(still have the '86) before buying the '06 SSR. So don't feel like the black sheep cousin, it's yours to use as you damn well please, and you're a member of the family in good standing.
Welcome Wendell. :seeya

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,572 Posts
Welcome to the Fanatic Family! Keep driving and enjoying your SSR! Wish I could drive mine more! :blue:

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,523 Posts
Daily driver checking in here too! (except winter salt...not this truck) Those of us just get to enjoy our trucks more. Welcome to the asylu....I mean... family!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,457 Posts
Welcome to the family. No need to apologize. Mine became a daily drive in 2009 when I retired. Prior to that I worked for So Cal Edison and did not want my little truck to get hurt by the big ones at work. I figure I can hurt it and at least know what happened but if it got hurt while I was somewhere else it would be because I was not taking care of it. Now nearly 250k miles of fun and NO regrets.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts