Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I got interested in the SSR after reading a couple of articles on it and visiting your site. There will probably never be another truck built like the SSR so that is kind of where I’m at cause a saw an 2004 SSR with only 24000 miles that was at a salvage auction and couldn’t resist bidding on because I figured I could repair it instead of letting it get parted out. I now own it and in process of replacing right wheel, right door and right quarter panel. It will be a rebuilt title but still a nice low mileage 2004 slingshot yellow SSR. I will probably have some questions later on when I get further into it. Before n after photo attached,still work in progress.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
A Big welcome from S.W. Florida; looks like a nice project & the right color; do it right and you will love the truck and your new family; any questions you may have can & will be answered here. Good luck & God Bless !!!

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,198 Posts
Jeff? Good Find!! Good work. Welcome from Forney Texas!!! you are on the BEST FORUM ever! BUT-----Go to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" it will show in the left column under your name and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick

·
Premium Member
3,679 Posts
Welcome aboard from a So Cal SSR'er, thanks for saving an SSR from the scrape yard.
You have come to the right place for all things SSR.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Welcome to the Best Family Any Where from Ooltewah Tn you will be able to get all the 911 you need on your R on this Forum Get it fixed and enjoy your Permagrin o ya Slingshot Yellow is the best color choice

·
Slingshot Rules!
71,261 Posts
CONGRATS and WELCOME, Jeff . . . from Southern Arizona.

Impressive project . . . "adopting and saving" a Slingshot Yellow SSR is always appreciated.

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !​

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,304 Posts
Welcome to the Fanatic Family! And as others have stated "Thank you for saving one of our Hot Rod Trucks! It looks like it wont be long and you"ll be experiencing what we call a "PERMAGRIN"! :grin2:

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,346 Posts
Looks like your profile says Salem, Wisconsin. Looks like you will have a good winter project, if you have a heated garage. Good luck with your parts hunting. There are many on this site that will be willing to sell you what you need if you ask. See you somewhere down the road. Check out these two nearby events as incentive to complete the project:
http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f25/2018-chocolate-covered-bridge-tour-220529/
http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f25/finger-lakes-run-2018-a-218665/

Reactions: Light Show

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Jeff,

Welcome to the family from Middle Georgia...host of the 2018 Southeast SSR Rally.
I echo the sentiment of others, THANK YOU for saving this beautiful R from the bone yard!!
We hope that you will love and enjoy it as much as we love and enjoy ours.
And good luck with your rebuild :yellow: + :ssr :wink2:

Alex

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
battery

Hi, I got interested in the SSR after reading a couple of articles on it and visiting your site. There will probably never be another truck built like the SSR so that is kind of where I’m at cause a saw an 2004 SSR with only 24000 miles that was at a salvage auction and couldn’t resist bidding on because I figured I could repair it instead of letting it get parted out. I now own it and in process of replacing right wheel, right door and right quarter panel. It will be a rebuilt title but still a nice low mileage 2004 slingshot yellow SSR. I will probably have some questions later on when I get further into it. Before n after photo attached,still work in progress.
Thanks
PLEASE make sure that you start out with a good battery! These trucks do strange things with a bad battery. Better to put in a new battery then chase the gremlins an [IFY] BATTERY can cause? The truck looks like it was well cared for?

welcome from MARYLAND.......... birdmans

1 - 20 of 36 Posts