Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am from Wyoming. I do not have an SSR yet, but i am hard core planning to get one in the next year. I am kinda new to forums, although I am a computer guy also, so sorry if i seem awkward. Also any advice on finding one is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Best place to start looking are the ones for sale here by some of the Fanatics as these will have a majority of the upgrades done to them already and have been taken care of over the years. North Freeway Hyundai always has some there and they have a good reputation for what they sell. Keep checking here as guys are always reporting trucks they see for sale in there travels. Good Luck on your search and find the one you want.
Side note 03-04's will run a little cheaper then the 05-06 because of the larger motor, available 6 speed and chrome option that were not available for the earlier models.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
How much do you want to spend ??? That's the big ticket item.

Decide what color you prefer :ssr :purple: (Ultra Violet, only 1,300 made) :yellow: :black: :silver: :blur: or :blue: (Pacific Blue ... rare only 532 made)

What year do you want ... 03's & 04's have smaller engines than the 05 and 06's.

Take your time, decide what you want, such as Chrome Rims, Automatic or 6 Speed, Runnin' Boards, Carpeted Cargo Area and etc.

tennesseecozydog :ssr I'm a 9 year SSR veteran !!!

Please let me :00000732: you to our wonderful world of SSRfanatic's (SSR to be, I guess would be the best term for you right now). Anything you want to know about a C H E V R O L E T Super Sport Roadster (SSR) can be found on this web site. DO NOT be afraid TO ASK. Again :00000732: aboard cowboy :smile2: aka Bob Alexander

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,377 Posts
ElekWaldron, Welcome from Forney Texas!!! you have found the BEST FORUM ever! BUT-----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out, and in your case, meet to show you different things.

Nick & Kathy

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Like have been said already the biggest thing is color, engine and transmission. I have an 04 but have upgraded most things to have what the 05/06 would have. Except the engine (for now anyway)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Elek,welcome to the SSR forum. Do your homework and then find what you want. I’m new to the community and there are a bunch of great folks here that can help in the hunt

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
welcome

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,484 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!!!!! :00000732:

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
Elek, welcome to the wonderful world of SSRs. :00000732:
You can find a wealth of information just by reading old threads, filling in with Google Site Search at the top. Asking questions works, there are no dumb questions.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome from Colorado
Dont be afraid to walk away from a deal if it doesnt feel right. It took me 6 months.I walked away twice no regrats Good luck.

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Welcome from Middle Georgia...We look forward to hearing more about the search for the love of your life. Because that's exactly what these SSRs are to many of us.

Take your time, definitely do your homework on this forum and research the differences between 2003s & 2004s compared to the 2005s & 2006s!! Mentioned above, if color is important to you, you may not get the engine size you want. If a manual transmission is important to you, that's only available on 05 & 06 models. Figure out what's most important to YOU and go after it!!

All these Rs (as we like to call them) will have some "stuff" that needs to be checked and replaced. That's where the family steps in!!! Everybody that belongs to this forum is family; we will help you in every way possible, some by telling you how to do it, others by meeting up with you and getting their hands dirty with you!!

Buying an SSR from someone that has loved and cherished their R would be my preferred route of purchasing one; as opposed to buying one from a dealership. NOW, that being said...the one dealership that everyone RAVES about and trusts the most is North Freeway Hyundai in Texas.
Buying from a private owner on the forum could possibly save you a few bucks over a dealership; along with that private owner being able to show, tell & explain everything that has been done to that specific vehicle!!

Read, research, ask lots of questions and if anyone makes you feel awkward in this family...we will do our best to make them feel even more awkward!! LOL

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,048 Posts
A big hearty welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Welcome!! I'm new to SSR ownership. I live in Cedar City, Utah. Not much to pick from so I looked here, CarGurus, and ICars(?). I found my 2005 black 6 speed with 28,500 miles in Colorado. Keep looking, they're out there and they're worth the wait!!!!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts