Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody,...just wanted to chime in and say that I'm not yet an owner of an SSR, and might not be for awhile as they are still a little pricey for me. But I keep looking at them at every car show I attend and every time I sit in one I want one a little bit more. It's gotten to the place that I'd rather have one of these trucks than a new Vette. (and I thought for the longest time that a new Vette would be the dream machine) I am curious about something and I hope someone here might have some info. I've seen where NASCAR has used the SSR as a pace vehicle, but are there any plans for them to compete in the Craftsman truck series? A full-on race version would look positively lethal...I'm a diecast car collector as well and am giving serious consideration to modding a couple of SSRs into commerative customs for the FDNY and the NYPD as they would make awesome companions to the OCC bikes of the same tribute...Its nice to find a board on such a limited edition vehicle, as groups like this are the best source of info that you can find. I've been a member over at GrandPrix.net for about 2 years now, and I learned a mountain of info before I bought my GP...but I want my second vehicle to be a truck, and if your gonna own a truck, why not the coolest one out there?

here's to top-down weather!
ThunderBat

·
Yes, I have an ATTITUDE !
1,678 Posts
Hey Thunderbat

What state are you from ? What's your price range ?

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just wanted to say "HI" t everyone. Just signed on, have owned my SSR since September 04.
Was told about this site by another SSR owner from the town I live in.
Have enjoyed the site so far, seems very informative, and friendly.
Will be reading and posting again.

Thanks..............Yello River

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm from Virginia, about 30 miles south of Richmond...the price is kinda of a sticky area. I would love to find one in the low 20s but I know that beast doesnt exist. Then again, I havent bought a brand new car in years. The depreciation is just so harsh it make my skin crawl. I decided a long time ago that I was perfectly happy to purchase a used vehicle that was a few years old. I like to mod them up anyway, so having to do a few maint and repair items usually affords me the opportunity to do some upgrades. Besides I stil have a couple or three years to pay on my GP but if my overtime holds out I may be able to end that sooner than later. Then the prices on a used SSR should come down a bit and then I'll probably be in the market. Plus it gives me a chance in the meantime to see if they have any sore spots to be aware of. Hoping to read up on those items here. I just saw some pics of one of the NASCAR pace trucks and that yellow to blue flame job is just plain sweet. I'm sure Chevy will follow suit as they have in the past by offering Pace Truck replicas. :thumbs

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
ThunderBat: Priority Chev. in chesapeake is not that far from you and while their stickers look frightening on the SSR's, you can talk them down to invoice on an 04 while they still have em. You may want to call them and have them put your name on a list for a used one. :ssr

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx for the info...I just found out that we get a major suppliers discount on a new vehicle purchase because we sell so much plastic to GM...a friend of mine here just got a $3k check towards the purchase of his new Silverado...might be worth checking into. :flag

1 - 7 of 7 Posts