Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking of getting an SSR for several years now but have been cruising the boards to see what they are really like. After hearing about all the different problems, e.g., overheating, not shifting properly, driveshaft "tinking", etc, etc. I've decided to get one anyway because they are just cool looking and totally impractical, which any good toy should be. This board looks like alot of fun with bunch of enthusiastic guys (gals, if there are any) and little if any bickering and name calling like so many others. Good job.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yessss

That's what I mean, I've almost never had fun doing anything practical!!

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dingbat

Looking forward to it! I'm Northern Califorinia guy so I envy those of you that are close enough to attend the Homecoming.

·
Registered
277 Posts
JOHN317,

You won't regret your getting the SSR. I just met with 50 SSR owners recently and not one complained about the SSR. This site gives us all the opportunity to discuss our SSR's, and of course our complaints. Most forget that this exciting roadster is still a Chevrolet and Chevrolets have problems, like Fords and Chyslers and even the foreign cars. I think a couple of subjects that have been beaten to death are: 1) Overheating 2) Hood prop 3) Drive shaft tink
As for overheating, with the exception of a few that the fan wasn't working no one has burned up the engine. Mine runs 210 and in traffic will go even a little higher, but never overheats. The hood prop isn't a problem, it holds the hood up just fine and I'm not changing mine. The drive shaft does tink when put it in reverse, but so what, if it falls off it's warranted.
The only real major thing is having to know everything about this truck because everyone is going to ask a lot of questions. Oh, and if your a nose picker, stop because someone is always looking........ Enjoy the SSR and the site and join any SSR events you can...

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
JOHN317 said:
I have been thinking of getting an SSR for several years now but have been cruising the boards to see what they are really like. After hearing about all the different problems, e.g., overheating, not shifting properly, driveshaft "tinking", etc, etc. I've decided to get one anyway because they are just cool looking and totally impractical, which any good toy should be. This board looks like alot of fun with bunch of enthusiastic guys (gals, if there are any) and little if any bickering and name calling like so many others. Good job.
Go for it! There is no such thing as a "perfect" car, but the SSR is a truly unique ride. You won't regret it. Welcome to the family :cheers

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow!!

I'm impressed, some people have way more imagination than I do!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts