Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody. Glad to be part of this great site. A lil bout me, I'm 21 and work at a chemical plant in texas. Own a 91 Acura Integra, and in the market for an ssr. I decided to get a new car and originaly was going for an Audi TT coupe. After realizing I didnt need two cars and I always have to haul something once or twice a month I decided on a truck. But I dont want an ordinary truck you just see everday and dont remeber so I picked the ssr. Now I know the bed isnt too big, but a trailer will fix that when needed. Unfortunatly I recently got denied for finacing, so it may be 6months before I can get one. I got more than enough income, just bad past credit which was recently all paid off. But I will get one. So since I want a car interior, eye catching style, and light duty work/errand truck is this the truck for me?

Justin Q.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I am sure you will have one in no time and will find a great deal too! Maybe it will be sooner than you think too!:) Good Luck!

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,190 Posts
Welcome to our group

Smoothcam,

There are others that have to wait (for one reason or another) to get their SSR later this year. You are not alone there.

You'll probably only use your Acura on rainy days or when you don't want attention. Having an SSR means you can no longer hide anywhere. You will become "watched" when you go to the store, stop at the gym and (heaven forbid) you stop at the pub.:eek You will also be much more noticed by your local law enforcement...... make friends with them early..... drop by the station with donuts at least once a month.:lol

The bed has its limitations, but your trailering choice is a good one. We have several members that use theirs as a work truck..... Mike Powell - comment?

The SSR has a 2500 pound towing limit. This is set by the cooling system capacity and the ability to extract heat from the automatic tranny. No, GM did not change the rating for the 6 speed either.

Go on line and find the book "SSR An American Original". It's a beautiful coffee table book that is filled with the history of how our trucks came to be. Aside from that, it's full of great pictures. Definitely will get you hooked deeper.

Like I've said to others....... Welcome to the nicest bunch of mixed nuts on the net.

Mike

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Hopefully you will be able to purchase an SSR soon. With your stated needs, the SSR should fill that niche quite nicely. :seeya

·
Registered
12 Posts
smoothcam said:
Hi everybody. Glad to be part of this great site. A lil bout me, I'm 21 and work at a chemical plant in texas. Own a 91 Acura Integra, and in the market for an ssr. I decided to get a new car and originaly was going for an Audi TT coupe. After realizing I didnt need two cars and I always have to haul something once or twice a month I decided on a truck. But I dont want an ordinary truck you just see everday and dont remeber so I picked the ssr. Now I know the bed isnt too big, but a trailer will fix that when needed. Unfortunatly I recently got denied for finacing, so it may be 6months before I can get one. I got more than enough income, just bad past credit which was recently all paid off. But I will get one. So since I want a car interior, eye catching style, and light duty work/errand truck is this the truck for me?

Justin Q.
welcome aboard you will love it here with bunch of ssr owners in here myself included. i,m like you i,ve just purchased a ssr and i couldn,t be happier to tell you the truth.you want something thats unique this is truly it. the looks of a truck with the feel of a car along with the speed.
i call it a catruck cause you get both all in one vehicle.

jason.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts