Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a new hood - similar to Rick418cars's - he mentioned that we may have a supplier coming on board. I'm planning on putting ghost flames on but want the new hood first. Anyone know who to contact?

·
Registered
253 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry BUT....

HD-Fatboy said:
Saw Ricks car at Springfield, IL on the HRPT, great looking ride.

About the hood, it looks alright if you like the ford Thunderbird look, are there any plans to have something like a CHEVY SS Ram Air hood like this: http://www.cincyramairhoods.com/images/97ssstyle1.gif
I think that hood would totally take away from the "style" of the SSR.
I want something sleek and classy - Rick418cars hood is the look I'd like.

eric-mpd - I'll be in touch! :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
I agree, the camaro SS hood is way too modern, Erics' design
is more ''old time gasser style'' than it is T-Bird with the dished
out area and all, plus it is functional. SS style......................
..........don't go there ! Would stick out like a sore thumb.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
So Chevygirl, did the HRPT inspire you to do something "awesome" with your SSR too? Ever since we got back we have been throwing around ideas for something new to do so we can really stand out next year (damn that FUZZY getting all the attention :lol ).

I like the hood - looks like an old school hot rod. Go for it! :seeya

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I just wanted to tell everyone where my inspiration for the hood came from. The dished area idea came from the Rod & Custom 'dream truck'. So the idea is more of a Barris Kustom idea than anything to do with a Ford. The scoop idea came from an artist drawing of a 60's era dragster that i saw in Rodders Journal. The idea of a Ford design on a Chevy is just wrong.

·
Registered
189 Posts
rick418cars said:
Ken,
He ment to say he makes something similar, his actually
look a little smoother and better....................
Rick,

Where can we find more close up pictures of your hood! From what I can tell it looks awesome but I would love to see a close up. One thing is for certain, that paint job really compliments what you and Eric did with the hood!

Thanks,

Rob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
vettegirl said:
So Chevygirl, did the HRPT inspire you to do something "awesome" with your SSR too? Ever since we got back we have been throwing around ideas for something new to do so we can really stand out next year (damn that FUZZY getting all the attention :lol ).

I like the hood - looks like an old school hot rod. Go for it! :seeya
Absolutely, I felt soooo stock! I know at Nashville, I was the only silver one BUT... feel the need for some "oooh..., ahhhh". Definately trying to work something out for next year - the fight now is with my hubby; Performance vs. Looks!

:angel

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
No Who Will Win That Battle!!

Chevygirl said:
Absolutely, I felt soooo stock! I know at Nashville, I was the only silver one BUT... feel the need for some "oooh..., ahhhh". Definately trying to work something out for next year - the fight now is with my hubby; Performance vs. Looks!

:angel
My monies on Chevygirl. :lol :yesnod :lol

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,101 Posts
Eric: How does the WEIGHT of your hood compare to stock weight? I know it should belighter, but the question is exactly how MUCH lighter?

And, I assume, a buyer needs to get it painted after buying it.

Jim G

·
Registered
230 Posts
Jim,
It is lighter than stock, but not by much. Remember street grade
fiberglass is thick enough to retain its shape in different temps.,
also this is a two piece hood, very nice inside and out,
I'm very pleased with mine.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.