Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an 05 SSR in New Jersey. Our former Governor (everyone knows about him) created a tire tax on new tires purchased in NJ as well as on new cars purchased in NJ. $1.50 per tire. Well my braniac dealer charges me $7.50 tax for four tires and the spare. I told him that I didn't have a spare. He asked Why not? I told him (like I should have to tell him) the SSR and Vette don't have spare tires. I'll bet anyone who buys a Vette or SSR in NJ gets charged the same thing. It's only $1.50 but it's the principal of the thing. It adds up.

Dave

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Take My "Spare" change!

DavesSSR said:
I recently bought an 05 SSR in New Jersey. ... I told him that I didn't have a spare. He asked Why not? I told him (like I should have to tell him) the SSR and Vette don't have spare tires... Dave
Welcome aboard Dave! It sounds to me like you were a victim of another "uneducated or ill-informed” sales-person or perhaps financial guy. When you fill out your "After the Sale" survey you best note that on your reply. GM looks closely at every one of those and the salesperson and dealerships are graded by their customers scores and comments and then have to answer to those negative replies.

Usually there is one person at a dealership that gets designated to know all the issues about the new Corvettes and SSRs. In order to sell these new vehicles each dealer has to pick at least one sales-person/ representative to go on a trip to learn more about and get what they call a “special driving” and “hands-on experience”. This is to get fully acquainted with them and then be certified to know all the features of those two vehicles. This is done to hopefully have someone at the dealership to help out if there are any questions to be asked by prospective buyers.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Know your product

Paying attention to this forum helps a lot. I had the dreaded overheating problem a week or so ago - waiting at a train crossing (hwy 6 and 90 for you Houstonians) - pegged the needle in about 10 minutes. When I took it in for my seat heater switch I asked them to check out the second fan - sure enough it ain't working. Wouldn't have had a clue if it wasn't for Marc, Freezer and you other owners.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts