Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets start another poll to guess the number of SSR owners that show up at Lansing on March 2. My guess is 4 .

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Oh Come on Please... These polls are WORTHLESS, People speak and a select few do what they want anyway. Give it up. PLEASE! :banghead

·
Registered
41 Posts
March 2nd

Hopefully, people will come to actually see the welding of the bodies as full production as the following week will begin shutting down facilities. If only 4 come they will be the lucky few. GM doesn't have to bother opening up the plant at all and fortunately they offered so come on down and show a presence!!

Sandy Bigman:)

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
I'll bet different

Well guys I hate to bet you wrong, but the number will be much higher then this. I received 6 PM's tonight that are confirming that that would like to attend for the March 2nd date. I'll let you know shortly once I get the confirmation list together.

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
hotrodgirl said:
Well guys I hate to bet you wrong, but the number will be much higher then this. I received 6 PM's tonight that are confirming that that would like to attend for the March 2nd date. I'll let you know shortly once I get the confirmation list together.
Yea there the luckey few that have Beads to bring! :thumbs

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Hate to say it but this whole LCC fiasco has left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Six or ten; it could be 106 or 110 with the polled date.

:nodno :nodno :nodno :nodno :nodno :nodno​

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
hotrodgirl said:
Just how many of these sign ups are active posting members here and most important Supporting members here. Its these people this special tour was arranged for. If the majority of these members can't attend whats the point?
I would make all attendees become supporting members before letting them attend the tour period.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Open Tour

Ricochet said:
Just how many of these sign ups are active posting members here and most important Supporting members here. Its these people this special tour was arranged for. If the majority of these members can't attend whats the point?
I would make all attendees become supporting members before letting them attend the tour period.

Ricochet
I don't feel you have to be a supporting member to attend. We had several non-supporting members that were planning on attending on the other dates as well.
Let's not make this anymore difficult then it has already become. Anyone on this site supporting or non is welcomed. Just my 02 worth.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Ricochet said:

I hope we are not going down this road again........(and yes we've been down it a couple of times)

Let's stop thinking that we have to force people to become supporting members to participate in anything......if people want to join then the will.

I like this being a happy place :grouphug

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When viewing the welding in the body shop do not blink or you will miss it . I know that GM doesn't have to bother opening the plant to us. If they don't change the way they do business and treat the customers. They will not have any plants to open up in the USA. I am only going to support the SSR Fanatics and to thank as many employees that I can . I don't care if I go on the tour . Lets show up to support the SSR Fanatics as a group .

·
Registered
893 Posts
And once more is to many

WOW_FCTR said:
I hope we are not going down this road again........(and yes we've been down it a couple of times)

Let's stop thinking that we have to force people to become supporting members to participate in anything......if people want to join then the will.

I like this being a happy place :grouphug

I can remember ......and the word freeloader was brought up.......I took offence........But as I have spent more time in here.....in a way I can see the point.........Sometimes the Tail tries to wag the Dog, here.......And one last comment.......Some people fail to see.........That the LCC is a unhappy place right now.......These people are losing the jobs.......GM is unhappy.....at closing the plant....along with a lot of other things.......It's just a plain UNHAPPY place...! Now we have some people wanting to come tromping in there.......What for???? to rub salt in the wounds???????Thats not their intent.......but, that is what will happen..........If you want to thank the right people........Run the newspaper add...........for the people ..the workers.......As far a GM.....they can go fly a kite.........They're the ones killing off our beloved SSR .......They deserve nothing from us..........Remember how little they want to do to take care of the SSRs many problems.........They want to continue to throw the same rotten parts at the problems.....over and over again and again......They're really thinking of we owners.........They just want to washer their hands of this......This is my dollar and a halfs worth........I'm sorry if this offends anyone......but just stop and think......Why throw a party at this sad occasion???????? and go to their work place and stare at these unhappy people........WHY?:nono

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Ricochet said:
I believe if you own an SSR you are entitled to be a part of the special group which has been given the privilege to tour the plant and thank those folks who have produced our beauties. What status a member has on this site is immaterial.

How do we know who else has been invited on March 2 to be included in this tour??? We are privy only to the information that has been given us. Would anyone be disappointed if other groups were included with ours?...probably....so no one really knows. Perhaps that is the intent of March 2 being the date, take it or leave it.

You can be thankful that we were at least invited.:cool

P/P

Peace:flag

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,187 Posts
Hard to do

It is difficult to keep focused on the target with as much emotion as we have here. There are lots of different angles that have great points to make, but I remain personally focused on the intent I originally had. That was one thing.... The opportunity to shake hands and say "thank you" to as many people as I can touch. Whether it was going to be a running product line in August or a sunset product line in March, it doesn't change the way I feel toward the hands that built my ride.

My 2 cents,

Mike

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Mike in AZ said:
It is difficult to keep focused on the target with as much emotion as we have here. There are lots of different angles that have great points to make, but I remain personally focused on the intent I originally had. That was one thing.... The opportunity to shake hands and say "thank you" to as many people as I can touch. Whether it was going to be a running product line in August or a sunset product line in March, it doesn't change the way I feel toward the hands that built my ride.

My 2 cents,

Mike
Isn't it important however to pick a date that would include the largest number of people to show this support? A date offered then chosen as the one most popular to all instead of the few?

·
Premium Member
9,381 Posts
Questions were asked, answers given, explanations logical - one date worked, others didn't.

What's the point of making the trip if part of the plant is already shut down. Sounds like body welding will be down within days of the visit, or perhaps sooner if orders are lower than anticipated.

I can't make it, others can. This is volunteer work, and to spew away at them is not productive.

I wish those going a great trip. They will carry the SSR flag for the rest of us. It aint the end of the world, Ricochet.

Please don't turn into Son of Sam

Ray

1 - 19 of 19 Posts