Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any new laws in their state
Tn, has 2 regarding vehicles
1. Only white and Amber headlights allowed ( see how many tickets are written on that). 2. Dealer can't sell a vehicle if it has a outstanding recall.

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
California has a bunch of new laws...

Vehicle registration fee increase:
As part of SB 1, drivers will pay more for vehicle registration. The fee is based on the vehicle's current value, as follows:

Vehicles worth between $0 and $4,999: $25 fee increase
Vehicles worth between $5,000 and $24,999: $50 fee increase
Vehicles worth between $25,000 and $34,999: $100 fee increase
Vehicles worth between $35,000 and $59,999: $150 fee increase
Vehicles worth $60,000 and higher: $175 fee increase

Beginning July 1, anyone riding in a bus is required by law to be properly restrained by seat belts, if the bus is equipped with them. SB 20 also prohibits adults from putting children between the ages of 8 and 16 on a bus unless they are properly restrained by a seat belt or “child passenger restraint system that meets federal safety standards.

Under the previous law, drivers were prohibited from having tint or any other material or display that “reduces the driver’s clear view through the windshield or side windows." AB 1303 allows drivers with a medical condition certified by a dermatologist to tint their windshields, side and rear windows to protect them from ultraviolet rays.

Beginning July 1, 2018, it will be unlawful for a person to operate a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.04 percent or more when a passenger for hire is in the vehicle at the time of the offense.

a new law requires drivers to pay parking penalties before renewing registration or being issued a driver’s license.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,398 Posts
California has a bunch of new laws...

Vehicle registration fee increase:
As part of SB 1, drivers will pay more for vehicle registration. The fee is based on the vehicle's current value, as follows:

Vehicles worth between $0 and $4,999: $25 fee increase
Vehicles worth between $5,000 and $24,999: $50 fee increase
Vehicles worth between $25,000 and $34,999: $100 fee increase
Vehicles worth between $35,000 and $59,999: $150 fee increase
Vehicles worth $60,000 and higher: $175 fee increase

Beginning July 1, anyone riding in a bus is required by law to be properly restrained by seat belts, if the bus is equipped with them. SB 20 also prohibits adults from putting children between the ages of 8 and 16 on a bus unless they are properly restrained by a seat belt or “child passenger restraint system that meets federal safety standards.

Under the previous law, drivers were prohibited from having tint or any other material or display that “reduces the driver’s clear view through the windshield or side windows." AB 1303 allows drivers with a medical condition certified by a dermatologist to tint their windshields, side and rear windows to protect them from ultraviolet rays.

Beginning July 1, 2018, it will be unlawful for a person to operate a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.04 percent or more when a passenger for hire is in the vehicle at the time of the offense.

a new law requires drivers to pay parking penalties before renewing registration or being issued a driver’s license.
There is also a new California law that prevents local governments from citing a vehicle parked at a broken parking meter unless it is also violating the legal hours for parking in that space. The local government also is prevented from making it illegal to park at a broke meter. Sometimes they get it right.

Reactions: shakatak

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
laws

No wonder California is broke. I know the people love, and pay for the weather, but how many would like to move to another state? I know, jobs and family make it tough. My brother is a life long Cali guy, and he thinks sometimes about moving to Ohio (much cheaper, and the weather is bad 4 months of the year).

·
Registered
243 Posts
So how do they decide the value of a used car ? This could become a nightmare. I bought a car several years ago and licensed it in California. I thought it was the fair thing to do. I regret doing it now and may decide to pull the car out of that state and bring it to Canada.
John F.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,398 Posts
So how do they decide the value of a used car ? This could become a nightmare. I bought a car several years ago and licensed it in California. I thought it was the fair thing to do. I regret doing it now and may decide to pull the car out of that state and bring it to Canada.
John F.
I just paid registration on my :blue:. $303 for this year (BlueStreak) the next one does not come due until Sept.

·
Premium Member
19,725 Posts
The slingshot guys in California better watch their alcohol consumption. .04 bac isn't much. LOL

Dave
Dave this sounds more like taxis and lift , Uber just getting in line with commercial license numbers

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Wait.....whut?

Not my state but read yesterday that a new law effective 1/1 in Oregon allows, but does not require, folks in sparsely populated areas to now pump their own gas. :puzzled:

This impacts about half the state and evidently state troopers were called after business hours if someone needed gas in these rural areas. Cannot fathom making that call! One lady from NBC wrote "no worries Oregonians, NASCAR drivers don't like to pump their own gas either"

·
Premium Member
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Read that law also, people are complaining that it is unsafe to pump their own fuel, they may get shot. I think I'll start renting Bullet proof vest to gas station's in Oregon.

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Ha! The entrepreneurial spirit abounds - another posted he was going to start a statewide 3 hr class on how to pump your own gas safely. Only $180 per person......:deal:

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Not my state but read yesterday that a new law effective 1/1 in Oregon allows, but does not require, folks in sparsely populated areas to now pump their own gas. :puzzled:

This impacts about half the state and evidently state troopers were called after business hours if someone needed gas in these rural areas. Cannot fathom making that call! One lady from NBC wrote "no worries Oregonians, NASCAR drivers don't like to pump their own gas either"
ACCORDING TO "NEWS12NJ"---
NJ IS THE ONLY STATE THAT BANS
PUMPING YOUR OWN GAS!!!!!!!!
POPULAR T-SHIRT/BUMPER STICKERS
STATE:

"JERSEY GIRLS DON'T PUMP GAS":):cheer:

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
laws

Kansas has been charging personal property tax prices for all motor vehicles for several years. My mom used to work in the Johnson Count Courthouse there and told be of many stories. Do not know if it is still that way now.

I pumped my own gas in Oregon last year.

I had an incident in WIS several years ago where I ran out of gas at 2:00 AM. I learned that if the gas pump has a credit card reader, it worked the pump after hours. Thank GOD. I would have been stuck for 5 more hours.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts