Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,345 Posts
No, but :00000732: to the SSR Nation. Glad to have you as a new member of the SSRfanatic Family !!!

Be patient and hang tight, I'll bet money help is on the way in the next 24 hours

Again :00000732: aboard !!! tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,649 Posts
Tbsmithtalon, Like the man said, help is on the way. Meantime---Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever! -----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick & Kathy

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,075 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas.

Re: brakes... I replaced my rotors and pads from Powerstop. Their slotted and drilled rotors appeared to be the same casting as stock and have a nice thick zinc coating to stave off rusting on the non-braking surfaces. I started the work as I knew I had a cupped rotor, I then found out I had two sticky calipers, one front and one rear, so I then ordered their rebuilt calipers which were painted red. Finally I changed out the fluid, which was brown/black and gunky. In the end it honestly was minimal equipment upgrade, but dramatic change in braking performance and it looks a lot better.

- Robert
:silver:

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt
47,484 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!! :00000732:

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,573 Posts
Hi new member out of reno nv anyone know of a good brake upgrade
Is there an issue you have with the original brakes that requires an upgrade, rather than just replacement? I have not had any complaints with my brakes in nearly 1/4 million miles other than replacement when they were worn. Working on the second set so not sure I should be concerned.

Reactions: Quest

·
Registered
245 Posts
Another warm welcome from Canada... If you haven't realized it already, you will be thankful you subscribed. An upgrade to drilled and slotted rotors along with ceramic pads is never a bad idea. Before disconnecting the brake fluid lines on the calipers push the brake pads all the way back, this will quickly tell you if your calipers have piston problems.

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas.

Re: brakes... I replaced my rotors and pads from Powerstop. Their slotted and drilled rotors appeared to be the same casting as stock and have a nice thick zinc coating to stave off rusting on the non-braking surfaces. I started the work as I knew I had a cupped rotor, I then found out I had two sticky calipers, one front and one rear, so I then ordered their rebuilt calipers which were painted red. Finally I changed out the fluid, which was brown/black and gunky. In the end it honestly was minimal equipment upgrade, but dramatic change in braking performance and it looks a lot better.

- Robert
:silver:
I agree with Robert re upgraded brakes. I replaced mine when they were virtually new with drilled slotted rotors from Rotorpros. I have purchased several sets from Rotorpros for other vehicles. Their pricing is much better than OEM for the same castings with major upgrades.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Drilled and slotted rotors and up-graded pads, as well as stainless braided brake lines front and rear. When you change the fluid, make sure to bleed/exercise the ABS module.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts