Chevy SSR Forum banner

New member from TX

4K views 35 replies 30 participants last post by  SSR MINION 
#1 ·
Hi all! I'm in the middle of purchasing an SSR and ran into your forum during my research of this vehicle. It was crazy how it all came about. I was up in Wisconsin looking at a car show when I first saw one of these and just loved the retro look. So the next day I was traveling through Michigan when I spotted one for sale! I had to stop and check it out --- just to see (right!). It was in great condition along with the original paint job. Mileage was 43K with one owner and is an '06. I ran a check & had a chevy dealer look at and after all that negotiated and got it for a great deal. All the signs pointed that it was meant to be. There are things I'm going to have to do but it's all part of maintenance anyway and I'm aware of most of the specifics/scope of work -- so no surprises.

Having said that, I am also interested in adding running boards and an infotainment. I have searched here and other links but no success yet. I appreciate any sources anyone can further provide.

I'm so glad I found this forum. It's obvious the dedication and love for SSR.

#2 ·
Welcome from one of the SoCal Nuts. There will be many who will post here to welcome you and you will have to read them all because some will offer advice on your stated searches. Again, Welcome to the family.

#3 ·
WELCOME GLAD YOU FOUND US , YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID! Please fill out your profile , such as location, auto or stick, color, etc. it will help us help you if you have a problem. In the meantime spend some time reading and looking at Dictator's Onedrive file for a good idea of what you may need to know. :00000732: :blur: :ssr

#7 ·
A Big Hearty Welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota!!!

#8 ·
Welcome from Missouri. Its amazing how they grab some people and pull them in. I know the feeling it happened to me this past year. Check the for sale section here for running boards as they do come up for sale from time to time. Be patient and you will find a good deal on some. You already found the best sight to find all the answers to the questions you may have about these great trucks.

#15 ·
Running Boards

:|

If you're looking for a set of "stock" boards, I have a set and the brackets necessary to install them. If interested, they would be $450 (plus shipping) you can email me at moscooter@aol.com.

On the other hand, with an '06 model, you might want to consider "custom" running boards such as I and some others have and you can check those out on the MPD site for custom SSR stuff.:smile2:

#25 ·
Having said that, I am also interested in adding an infotainment. I have searched here and other links but no success yet. I appreciate any sources anyone can further provide.
Welcome to the family!!

I have the JVC KW-830BT in my truck and Curbsssr in Deer Park, TX has the newer version KW-840BT. I really like the the Apple CarPlay functionality that it has incorporated into the system.

Rope

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.