Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am at the stage of gathering knowledge to become an SSR owner and I am amazed at the wealth of information available at SSR Fanatic.

I am in the market for a lower mileage 2005 or 2006 preferably close to me in Florida but flexible. I am sure I will have many questions going forward and very pleased to have found this great forum.

Ian

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Good luck on your Search. Make sure you make the right choices and questions on most any SSR You find probably can be answered by someone on this Forum. Ask what mods have been done if any ( ie: New Radiator Fan, Shift linkage upgrade, ABS heat shield, Radiator Support, Hydraulic upgrades, Frame stiffner, etc..

·
Premium Member
7,369 Posts
:00000732: to the SSR Nation Ian !!! Advice ... buy from a current SSRfanatic that has taken care of his or her SSR and made or corrected the necessary "gremlins" like: Updated Ignition Switch, Transmission Cable Fix, OEM Radiator Fan upgraded to Mikes Fan (Simple Engineering), Radiator Brace from plastic to metal, ABS Heat Shield and Cargo area light to LED with reduced Amp Fuse just to name a few. Not trying to scare you or change your mind. Let me assure you the SSR is one unique vehicle and certainly one fun little truck and mode of transportation. Don't let a few miles scare you ... the 05 & 06's have the LS2 power plant and are good for 2 or 300,000 miles. By buying from an SSRfanatic you are pretty well assured your SSR has been maintained to the very highest expectations. Just my 2 cents worth ... and keep in mind I consider anything under 100,000 miles low milage on a 14 or 13 year old SSR !!! Wishing you the very best. Again :00000732: to the SSRfanatic Family !!!

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt
48,472 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!! :00000732:

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,749 Posts
Ian, Welcome from Forney Texas!! I agree with others. Check the For sale Forum Here FIRST!!

Nick

·
Premium Member
39,715 Posts
Welcome from Canada!

Good luck in your quest for your SSR

you're in good hands in Florida

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
Slingshot Rules!
76,500 Posts
WELCOME, Ian . . . from Southern Arizona.

FYI . . . the Slingshot Yellow SSRs are the Sexiest and Fastest.

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !​

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:00000732: to the SSR Nation Ian !!! Advice ... buy from a current SSRfanatic that has taken care of his or her SSR and made or corrected the necessary "gremlins" like: Updated Ignition Switch, Transmission Cable Fix, OEM Radiator Fan upgraded to Mikes Fan (Simple Engineering), Radiator Brace from plastic to metal, ABS Heat Shield and Cargo area light to LED with reduced Amp Fuse just to name a few. Not trying to scare you or change your mind. Let me assure you the SSR is one unique vehicle and certainly one fun little truck and mode of transportation. Don't let a few miles scare you ... the 05 & 06's have the LS2 power plant and are good for 2 or 300,000 miles. By buying from an SSRfanatic you are pretty well assured your SSR has been maintained to the very highest expectations. Just my 2 cents worth ... and keep in mind I consider anything under 100,000 miles low milage on a 14 or 13 year old SSR !!! Wishing you the very best. Again :00000732: to the SSRfanatic Family !!!
Thank you sir for the very sound advice.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good luck on your Search. Make sure you make the right choices and questions on most any SSR You find probably can be answered by someone on this Forum. Ask what mods have been done if any ( ie: New Radiator Fan, Shift linkage upgrade, ABS heat shield, Radiator Support, Hydraulic upgrades, Frame stiffner, etc..

Many thanks for the advice. I have much to learn for sure.

Ian

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Ian SSR Please accept NW Chicago's "welcome aboard" along with all of the others. You should have nothing to fear while seeking out a vehicle
as you won't find more concerned, helpful and knowledgeable people in any other site than you have with SSRFANTICS. I'll have to take a note
of how you are doing and look you up while on vacation Feb/Mar in Sarasota. Meanwhile, I'll tell you what I tell everyone else when coming
through Chicago - DUCK! LAZY ONE

1 - 20 of 37 Posts