Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Multi-Pace
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum and glad to become part of the community. Last year I obtained a 2006 Red Brickyard 400 Festival truck #22 and I love it. Two days ago I added a 2005 Indy 500 parade truck #58.

The windshield Chevrolet decal on my 2006 has started to peal and flake off. Does anyone know if and where I can get a replacement? Will I need to go to a vinyl sign shop and have a custom one made?

The 2005 came in perfect condition except on A/C dash vent is broken and missing the wheel and a couple of fins. Any idea where I can find one of those? Wild Bill has a used one but want $140.00 for it. I know they don't make them anymore but that seems terribly expensive for what it is.

·
Premium Member
35,639 Posts
Welcome from Canada! :cheers

I believe you have to go thru GM to get the decal you need, there has been a few fanatics in this situation hopefully one of them will click in and give you some info.

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,450 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!! :00000732: I'm sure you will get your answers here !!!!! :grin2:

·
Multi-Pace
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might need to try a more urban dealer. My country dealer has no idea and suggested I get a custom one made to try and duplicate it. I'll try Dallas & Fort Worth dealers.
Thanks James Dean

Krazy Ed, I'll send a message to Simple Engineering and check about the vent. I just ordered a windscreen from them yesterday and none were listed on the site. Hopefully he has a private stash. Appreciate the lead.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
First welcome to the group and it sounds like you have a couple of nice SSRs in your care. You might check with Mike Byers at [email protected] He has some good connections for GM stuff. He is on here under the screen name Byers . He is located in Texas as well.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Welcome too the Group, from Friendswood, Texas. Simple Engineering ( Mike in AZ ) does repair the vents. He has done two for Me and I will be sending two more to him for repairs, his work is great. Can't help you with the decals, sorry.

·
Multi-Pace
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate all of the help from this friendly community. I'll contact Mike (Simple Engineering) about repairing my vent. I've heard that sometimes the fins get pushed off and fall into the duct behind the vent. Once I'm able to remove the vent I'll try to see if I can find any lost fins. I read a post saying to turn the vent all the way to the right and gently raising it up to remove it. Not sure if I will be able to see or find any fins without further dash or duct removal; which, I don't intend to do. I'm too afraid of messing something up. Only have a little over 17,000 miles on the 2005 and it's in near perfect condition except the vent.

Will also reach out to Mike Byers through this forum as well as trying to call the dealership he works for.

I'll keep you posted on my results.

Thanks much.

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,275 Posts
Ronny

I am not sure about the Parade Trucks, but I believe the company that did the original graphics on our Pace truck was Graphik Concepts, Inc out of Farmington Hills Mi. At least that is the company where some of the replacements graphics came from.

Graphik Concepts

Auggie Doggie may chime in as I think he replaced some of the graphics on his Parade truck.

·
Super Moderator
13,935 Posts
Graphik Concepts is correct. (They did 2005 Indy Parade and 2006 Indy Festivals, as well as all the others - Pace SSR's etc so far as I know)
You need to provide proof of ownership
Also, they have no intention of creating more so best to get them now if still in stock
You may have to buy a full set (I'm not sure) but they aren't that expensive.

Congrats on #22 - this was owned by a much appreciated SSRFanatic that we lost - Floyd Bailey - TNSSRMAN
This SSR would have been very well looked after!
Plus a lot of Bling - HaHa!

·
Super Moderator
13,935 Posts
I'm new to the forum and glad to become part of the community. Last year I obtained a 2006 Red Brickyard 400 Festival truck #22 and I love it. Two days ago I added a 2005 Indy 500 parade truck #58.

The windshield Chevrolet decal on my 2006 has started to peal and flake off. Does anyone know if and where I can get a replacement? Will I need to go to a vinyl sign shop and have a custom one made?

The 2005 came in perfect condition except on A/C dash vent is broken and missing the wheel and a couple of fins. Any idea where I can find one of those? Wild Bill has a used one but want $140.00 for it. I know they don't make them anymore but that seems terribly expensive for what it is.
I should have read this closer
I don't think you need what Graphik Designs has
I'm not sure what windshield decal you are looking for (#22?)
In that event, just have one made - I can probably send you example pictures.

#58 Indy Parade
For my records, were you able to ascertain who the Parade passenger was?

If you "really" need something, go to Wild Bill
Eventually, we will likely all be sucking up! HaHa!

Check with Doug Allen (also username) for parts, but the vents are likely hard to come by.
Having said that, the dash was out of the Buick Aurora (? - pretty sure off the top of my head)
Also, Cleveland Pick a Part - highly involved in salvage SSR's.

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
I appreciate all of the help from this friendly community. I'll contact Mike (Simple Engineering) about repairing my vent. I've heard that sometimes the fins get pushed off and fall into the duct behind the vent. Once I'm able to remove the vent I'll try to see if I can find any lost fins. I read a post saying to turn the vent all the way to the right and gently raising it up to remove it. Not sure if I will be able to see or find any fins without further dash or duct removal; which, I don't intend to do. I'm too afraid of messing something up. Only have a little over 17,000 miles on the 2005 and it's in near perfect condition except the vent.

Will also reach out to Mike Byers through this forum as well as trying to call the dealership he works for.

I'll keep you posted on my results.

Thanks much.
Happy that you are able to solve some of your problems. If you need some local help the Texas R's SSR Fanatic group is here to help.

You can reach us at [email protected] or call Me (Frank) 972-814-8805. I would like to get you on our Newsletter list.

We have an SSR member in Decatur --- Waynesworld on the forum. He's a retired GM parts managers.

Frank

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,039 Posts
A big hearty welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts