Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I am an Air Force retiree looking to finally purchase an SSR! I have wanted one for many years and will probably buy one in the coming weeks. Any help would be appreciated, and thanks for allowing me to join!

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Welcome from North Georgia there are several SSR's for sale on this sight it all depends on what you want the 03 and 04 have a 5.3 motor all are automatic the 05 and 06 have 6.0 motor and some are available with a 6 speed happy hunting

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome from Chicago!

I just bought my SSR in the beginning of April from a member here on this site.
I highly recommend buying from a member, as the truck is going to be in a known good shape with many upgrades already installed.

good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Kevin, have you checked the "For Sale" thread here? AND---Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever!----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. when you get one.Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

And, if you decide on a "Lifetime or Premium" Membership, you will get more benefits and no ads!? and show appreciation for tips and help. Click "Get Premium" under the Red Banner, read and compare the Advantages!!

Nick & Kathy

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey Kevin,
Welcome from steamy hot North Carolina! Like previously stated you need to make a list of what you are looking for in an SSR.
Year of production, Auto or Manual trans, color, options and mods done. Then the hunt is on! That permagrin happened to me before I bought mine and is still evident on my old wrinkled face! Welcome again.
Dave

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Welcome from Pittsburgh,Pa.
You might want to read James ( "Jim G') Gnitecki"s book "The SSR Experience,it explains the difference between the 03-04,& the 05-06 models.
Check this out. For Sale 05 Smoking Asphalt 3,300 miles
I am offering my 05 Smoking Asphalt SSR to a new home.
VIN# 1GCES14W25B117399 one owner, always garaged in AC storage and well maintained. I have all of the paperwork for the SSR since new.
Original Window Sticker
3,300 miles, automatic transmission
Satin Interior Trim
Satin Rims
Silver Engine Insert, Factory Wind Screen, two sets of floor mats, Factory car cover, Anti Lock Brake Heat Shield and shifter upgrade.
Price $ 27,500.00 OBO Located in Jupiter, Florida.
PM me
Attached Thumbnails
For Sale 05 Smoking Asphalt 3,100 miles-dsc00302.jpg For Sale 05 Smoking Asphalt 3,100 miles-dsc00301.jpg For Sale 05 Smoking Asphalt 3,100 miles-dsc00300.jpg For Sale 05 Smoking Asphalt 3,100 miles-dsc00303.jpg For Sale 05 Smoking Asphalt 3,100 miles-dsc00304.jpg

·
Daily Driver
8,776 Posts
Have fun shopping. As mentioned, learn what was available and make a shopping list, but you'll know when you find the right one.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The SSR Experience

Let me, like Johnny B above, recommend Jim G's book, The SSR Experience. It's 320 pages of insight into SSRs, the good and the bad.

It's $30 + $9.50 for an international money order + $1.15 for postage. It's worth every cent whether buy or not.

It's written in a very conversational style, easy reading.

https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f22/jim-g-s-e-book-ssr-experience-29811/

Kenn

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Welcome aboard from the ‘Sooner’ state of Oklahoma. Hope you will find the forum to be interesting and informative. We also are having a big rally coming up in Branson, MO in October, which should be a ‘blast’. Hope you will try to attend.
:00000732:

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
36,982 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!!! :00000732:

·
Premium Member
6,763 Posts
Hello Everyone,
I am an Air Force retiree looking to finally purchase an SSR! I have wanted one for many years and will probably buy one in the coming weeks. Any help would be appreciated, and thanks for allowing me to join!
First of all Thanks for your Service ... you DESERVE an SSR for serving our Country for 20 plus years !!!

LOOK, the ONLY ADVICE you need is Buy from an SSRfanatic !!! 99% of the "Stealerships" don't have a clue what an SSR is ... especially the sales people !!!

Was in the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) in college. Didn't make "The Cut" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: or College !!! This is your Captain speaking "Don't hesitate ... Summer is here so get your "A Double S" in gear" Snooze and you lose !!! "Airman" Bob Alexander coming to you from Sewart Air Force Base (now just a memory) Rutherford County Tennessee !!! Remember ... this is an order ... read my lips "Strike while the Iron is Hot" YOU DESERVE an SSR :ssr :black: :yellow: :blur: :silver: :blue: :purple:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
20 Participants
Lonebone
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing