Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Chevy SSR
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I’m a new member but a fan of SSRs since I was 8 years old. I’m in the market to buy a car and am seriously considering finally getting an SSR! I’m in the DMV area, so it’s rare to see one here. I’m also looking for an SSR toy that I had as a kid. It was kind of like a remote control car, but it just had 2 buttons on it. It was a blue SSR toy they released to promote the car I guess. Hopefully I will find it one day on eBay! Anyway, I’m a long time reader of this site, but joined hoping it will push me to find my dream SSR. Cheers.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Wishing you luck on your search. There are a few on this site for sale. I guess you know about the years, 03, 04 have a 5.3 Lt. While the 05, and 06 have a 6 Lt. Again, good luck, and welcome to our site.
Mike

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,453 Posts
Don’t recall a toy with just two buttons, but the Road Ripper toys had a handful of buttons on the cargo cover. See EBay link below for a Blue one to see if this is similar to what you had. This particular one is overpriced especially for a non-working unit… Do an EBay search for: SSR Road Ripper

Be patient and I’m sure a Blue one in working condition will eventually show up for sale.

Reactions: Railroad Guy

·
Slingshot Rules!
87,613 Posts

WELCOME, Emily . . . from Southern Arizona.

Good Luck with your search for the "Perfect SSR" . . . Don't Give Up, it is out there.

Sorry but clueless on the SSR Toy.

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

·
Registered
2004 Chevy SSR
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wishing you luck on your search. There are a few on this site for sale. I guess you know about the years, 03, 04 have a 5.3 Lt. While the 05, and 06 have a 6 Lt. Again, good luck, and welcome to our site.
Mike
Thanks! I would prefer and 05 or 06 if it were the right fit but am looking at 04 because they are more in my price range for the mileage I want.

·
Registered
2004 Chevy SSR
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WELCOME, Emily . . . from Southern Arizona.

Good Luck with your search for the "Perfect SSR" . . . Don't Give Up, it is out there.

Sorry but clueless on the SSR Toy.

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !
Thank you! I actually found pictures of the toy on the forum so maybe someone will sell one soon.

·
Registered
2004 Chevy SSR
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don’t recall a toy with just two buttons, but the Road Ripper toys had a handful of buttons on the cargo cover. See EBay link below for a Blue one to see if this is similar to what you had. This particular one is overpriced especially for a non-working unit… Do an EBay search for: SSR Road Ripper

Be patient and I’m sure a Blue one in working condition will eventually show up for sale.
This is almost exactly like the one I had as a kid. Thanks for sending. It even made an engine noise when I pressed the buttons.

·
Registered
2004, Ultra Violet.
3 Posts
Hello! I’m a new member but a fan of SSRs since I was 8 years old. I’m in the market to buy a car and am seriously considering finally getting an SSR! I’m in the DMV area, so it’s rare to see one here. I’m also looking for an SSR toy that I had as a kid. It was kind of like a remote control car, but it just had 2 buttons on it. It was a blue SSR toy they released to promote the car I guess. Hopefully I will find it one day on eBay! Anyway, I’m a long time reader of this site, but joined hoping it will push me to find
Have 2004 Ultra Violet Metallic available. I'm in Eastern North Carolina, Elizabeth City. It has under 51,000 miles. $20k.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
6,515 Posts
@Emily, ditto above, check the "SSR's fo Sale" section here. They probably have had better care and some upgrades done. Also---Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the Colored Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and the year of your SSR, when you get it, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also ADD the year of your SSR, when you get it, in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.

Click here for the "How To Library" OneDrive

Also click on this link and go to Post #1 Help Us Help You---UPDATE

Click here for parts, help and tips--Simple Engineering, LLC – Chevy SSR Aftermarket Parts, Accessories and Repair Solutions

Owner Pinmap locate other owners and let them locate you

Pinmap Available
To view the map click here ->SSR Pinmap Version 8 - 8 Feb 2021 Please DO NOT bookmark the link above as the we...

Nick & Kathy

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevy SSR,2004 Ultra Violet
1,410 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida home of Rgang. Let me know if you still want the toy I think I can help you with that. I have a large toy collection and I believe I have one. I do not sell very many toys unless I have duplicates so I would need to check that part as well and I will not be the cheapest option.

·
Premium Member
2006 SSR SILVER OVER PAC BLUE & 2006 SSR 6 SPEED BLACK OVER SILVER
104 Posts
Welcome @ Emily
I have a 2006 Two tone 6 speed. Black on top of Silver. 38000 miles.
Needs absolutely nothing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello! I’m a new member but a fan of SSRs since I was 8 years old. I’m in the market to buy a car and am seriously considering finally getting an SSR! I’m in the DMV area, so it’s rare to see one here. I’m also looking for an SSR toy that I had as a kid. It was kind of like a remote control car, but it just had 2 buttons on it. It was a blue SSR toy they released to promote the car I guess. Hopefully I will find it one day on eBay! Anyway, I’m a long time reader of this site, but joined hoping it will push me to find my dream SSR. Cheers.
What is the DMV area? Department of Motor Vehicles?

·
Tigger
38 Posts
I have 2004 ulta violet. 53000 miles, with blue ghost flames, and have updated several things, it's on the for sale tab $29,999 also have the remote care, but it needs TLC to make it work, looks like it has been wrecked a few time but i bought it anyway thinking i might one day fix it
[email protected]
I'm in Mt.Juliet, Tennessee

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Emily and welcome from Baltimore, your at the right place to find what your looking for. I'm new here myself, there's a wealth of info. here that you can't find ANYWHERE else. Good luck with your search.

·
Premium Member
6,472 Posts
What is the DMV area?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts