Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2004 - Ricochet Silver
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined about 10 days ago, from Wisconsin. Purchased my first SSR - 2004 Ultra violet with 8000 miles on it beautiful car had it about a year and a half, had some work done at a very reputable speed shop and there was a problem!
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Cloud

The engine compartment started on fire and spread to the cab during a test drive. I will say during this unfortunate incident the speed shop has been great to work with.

Couldnt go very long without a truck so located another and just purchased it. Changed colors, maybe a mistake.
Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

2004 - 9500 miles Ricochet Silver looking forward to getting back on the road, should be delivered next week.

·
Premium Member
2005 Slingshot, 6 speed manual
17,333 Posts
Just joined about 10 days ago, from Wisconsin. Purchased my first SSR - 2004 Ultra violet with 8000 miles on it beautiful car had it about a year and a half, had some work done at a very reputable speed shop and there was a problem! View attachment 600148

The engine compartment started on fire and spread to the cab during a test drive. I will say during this unfortunate incident the speed shop has been great to work with.

Couldnt go very long without a truck so located another and just purchased it. Changed colors, maybe a mistake. View attachment 600150

2004 - 9500 miles Ricochet Silver looking forward to getting back on the road, should be delivered next week.
WOW! Welcome to the group from North Carolina. That’s quite a story.

·
Premium Member
May 2017 ROTM 2005 Redline Red .
6,477 Posts
Congrats and welcome.
Wishing you good luck with the New SSR.

·
Slingshot Rules!
81,268 Posts

WELCOME, Marshall . . . from Southern Arizona.

Definitely one Scary Story . . . Good Luck on your newly "adopted" SSR.

! :cool: ! 👍 ! :cool: ! 👍 ! :cool: !

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
Premium Member 2004 Smokin' Asphalt
50,821 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!!!! If you decide on flames for the new one you should have them painted on.

·
Premium Member
2005 aqua blurr
1,983 Posts
Welcome from Fountain colorado.
Wow what a tragic loss of a low mileage truck.
Hope you enjoy the new silver.

·
Registered
2004 UV
1,326 Posts
Welcome to the group from East Tn. Glad to hear the speed shop worked with you so well :devilish:........proof in your picture that the Ultra Violet SSR's are the hottest color out there......

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
5,372 Posts
@marshall038, Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the Colored Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.

Click here for the "How To Library" OneDrive

Also click on this link and go to Post #1 Help Us Help You---UPDATE

Nick & Kathy

·
Registered
2004 - Ricochet Silver
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome to the group from East Tn. Glad to hear the speed shop worked with you so well :devilish:........proof in your picture that the Ultra Violet SSR's are the hottest color out there......

I know really struggled not going back to Ultra Violet! Loved that truck found it with 8055 miles on it. Lost it at 9450 miles (just looked at my paperwork) I was afraid that I wouldn’t find another one that would compare, so changed colors.

·
Registered
2004 - Ricochet Silver
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome from central Florida. My jaw dropped when I saw the picture!:eek:
Yes thank god the guy test driving it did not get hurt, he said it went from smoke to flames in 30 seconds. Vehicles can be replaced!

·
Registered
2004 - Ricochet Silver
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@marshall038, Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the Colored Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.

Click here for the "How To Library" OneDrive

Also click on this link and go to Post #1 Help Us Help You---UPDATE

Nick & Kathy
Thanks I think I got everything updated.

·
Registered
05 Ricochet. 3rd one for fun
180 Posts
No offense to the UV, but ricochet is where it’s at!!!! Just kidding. Any idea what actually started it all? I once had some long tubes installed on a smokin asphalt that almost literally became that. The installer forgot to adjust the power steering hose away from the header, with flaming results!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts